1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Akitsuki - Some sculpting steps...

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by thomas barse, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Thanks for the tutorial, very informative!

Congratulations on the figure, she is beautfifull and so elegant! I love it!

Best wishes,

Marijn
  2. thomas barse New Member

Oh! So you don't call it this way in English... It looks like tupentine even if it's another product. "White spirit" is more agressive with FIMO, but turpentine is even better!

I was just testing some brushes for sculpting and I find that the synthetic ones are more suitable to the FIMO sculpting work, the "bristles" (is it the correct term for the hairs at the extremity of the brush????) seem to be thinner than the traditional ones and this is very important for the aspect of your final texture in my opinion. I am in a testing period so my opinion may have to be updated soon!
  3. 4pixies New Member

Very inspiring, thank you for sharing.

Remy
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the planet Remy. Very interesting website. I like your sculpting projects. Very well done.
  5. 4pixies New Member

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the welcome. I am sure it is evident that I am new at this and still learning, I appreciate your kind comments. I can see that I will learn a lot here.

Thanks again,

Remy
  6. nagashino New Member

That is exquisite!

A very informative SBS, for which many thanks. (y)

Phil
  7. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Exquisite!
    I love the soft touches and subtle details everywhere...

TS
  8. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Hello Thomas,

When wanting to bend or form brass it is always best to anneal it first. Annealed brass will bend and form easily. To anneal brass heat with a torch until the metal is a bright red in color, set the heated piece accide until cool then work it as normal without the usual hassels.

Ray
  9. garyo37388 New Member

United-States
    Beautiful...lovely...thank you for the step-by-step photos. You inspire me!
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thomas very inspiring and beautifull sculpt,i also would love to find some tecniques on doing hands in 54mm.

steve
  11. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work my friend,thanks for sharing!
    christos
  12. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thomas, this is one hell of a beautiful sculpt. The subject is awesome, too. Your work is pure genius.

I would dearly love to buy one of these. Its a 'killer' sculpt!
  13. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    WOW WOW WOW

what can i possibly say my friend!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic!!!!!