Review AK Interactive's "Real Color"Paint Range - Michigan Toy Soldier Blog

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by CondeJulian, May 29, 2018.

1. CondeJulian Active Member

Brazil
    Hello guys,
    My latest review for the Michigan Toy Soldier blog about AK Interactive's "Real Colors" paint line. Paint with incredible coverage, smooth finish and very good color rendering.

[IMG]

For those who do not know, the line was launched with an impressive book of AFV's painting and a high compatibility Thinner that works with other brands. Ease of use is unsurpassed...
    Check out the full article at the link below :

AK REAL COLOR - FULL REVIEW

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Best,
    Julian

www.michtoy.com
    Nap and WehrWolf like this.
  2. colonnello kurz Active Member

Australia
    A curiosity being very similar to the Tamiya as they perform with a brush?
  3. CondeJulian Active Member

Brazil

Kurz, I have not used them on the brush yet. I am not a fan of Lacquers (of any brand) for paint brush, and would not consider it for my personal work, as I don't go there with Tamiya and Gunze also, so the main review focus is airbrushing. But I am confident they will behave positively for those who are familiar with Tamiya, when paired with a good retarder / flow improver. I might get to test and review this feature in the future.

Best,
    Julian
  4. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Hi Julian

Thanks for this

If guys go on the link there are so much more details and pictures

Nap
    CondeJulian likes this.
  5. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    They can be used with a brush, they are actually better than the Tamiya for paint brushing. There's no "settling" of the pigments and the need to stir them as with the others. A good shaking of the bottle and they are ready to go.
    CondeJulian likes this.
  6. colonnello kurz Active Member

Australia
    The problem is that any paint I tried is better than Tamiya by brush, probably one of the worst paint to use with a hairy stick, more than anything else I think it's interesting to know if the second stroke lift the first as often happens with the Japanese paint,the coverage, etc...
  7. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    You have to let it dry a couple of seconds and then hit it with the second coat. It's the normal way of getting a quality finish with any acrylic and lacquer paint.