1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Video Review AK-Interactive - 3rd Generation Acrylics

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Katjuscha, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Katjuscha Active Member

Germany
    Hello at all,

at the toy show in Nuremberg one of the AK-Interactive news was the new acrylic color line.
    I tested a bottle in a video for my modeller's club and of course I want to share it with you too.

I hope you like it.
    Best regards

Philip

1 Flasche.jpg
    Manfred, Nap, Gary_81 and 2 others like this.
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thank you Phillip for posting the review.

So much hype surrounding the new wonder paints and the reality is that apart from putting a blob of paint on the bottle top there isn't really any difference.

Keith
    housecarl and Katjuscha like this.
  3. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    The market is way saturated..takes away seems to be pigmentation..maybe it’s ok in airbrush vs some others...but the claims on surface hardness may not hold...so far in hobby world only Kimera and artist scalecolor offer pigment info, which might be an error here as it’s daunting to think thru 200+ little colour pots..in an online world, maybe a few little sets might make sense to try..
  4. Gary_81 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work there Philip. After many years and many entire paint sets from so many companies I came to the realisation that no paint is perfect or the ultimate answer to amazing painting, my collection is an eclectic mix with even a few Winsor and Newton acrylic's thrown in for good measure:D.

Gary
    Katjuscha and housecarl like this.
  5. gerryj199 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks for the excellent and helpful review Philip. It was really useful to see the coverage over different primers.
    Gerry
    Katjuscha likes this.