1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Airfix Figures in the seventies

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Manfred, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Manfred Active Member

Cleaning out part of my cellar I found some old Airfix 1/72 figures and marveled how well their anatomy looks. Promptly forgot about the rest of the cellar ;)

Is it know who did the masters for them back in the early seventies ?
    The 8th army and Afrikakorps from the second release (around 1973) looks so good and crisp even these days.

I seem to remember that a man named Niblett did the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin Hood sets, and later did two big metal ECW figures.

Can anyone shed more light on Airfix figure production or the actual process of making them?
    I might even take a few of my childhood heroes and paint them with todays knowledge...

Manfred
  2. Parkadge Member

Ireland
  3. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Pat...that is some website, almost got lost there for a while myself...

Roy.
  4. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Me too. Brought back alot of memories!
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    That's a neat site. We fought many epic battles with those soldiers. I have stashed away in an old checkbox, the Airfix forward observation post and a handful of paratroops painted with testors enamels. What a hoot.