1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wanting to Buy AIRFIX BENGAL LANCER HORSE

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by badger, Apr 8, 2020.

1. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    I AM LOOKING FOR THE LARGE SCALE AIRFIX BENGAL HORSE AS I AM DOING A CONVERSION OF THE AIRFIX KING CHARLES KIT,AND HAVE LOST OR THREW OUT THE HORSE? IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET ONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU/BADGER-AMBULANCE MAN.
  2. nig-g Active Member

Hi there,
    they do come up on eBay from time to time, but if you’re just looking for a 1/12 scale horse try looking at Breyer who do a few good horses in that scale. These too can often be found on eBay both new and second hand.
    hope this helps
    Nigel.
    NeilW, Blind Pew, Oda and 1 other person like this.
  3. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    THANK YOU NIGEL,MUCH APPRECIATED/BADGER.
    Oda likes this.
  4. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    I am looking for an airfix 1/12th scale Bengal lancer,to complete a conversion of airfix Charles the first mounted. if anyone has one or knows where I can get one,please let me know. thank you/badger.(busy ambulanceman,needing to chill out)
  5. tock24 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Airfix also did a 1/12 scale showjumper - would look good on that!
    Ian
    NeilW likes this.
  6. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Blind Pew and Nap like this.
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Try a Breyer 1/12 horse - available on eBay for c. £20.00.

Mike
  8. nig-g Active Member

.....or second hand for about £7.00.......
  9. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Badger... you seem to have two threads going on this topic.

Can't find any Lancers, but eBay has a couple of show jumpers at silly prices.

Otherwise this guy has 'grown out' of his Breyer horses and has several for sale: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Dead-or-Alive-Motorcycles?rt=nc

Dunno if they'll suit (sculpting looks a bit iffy)... but if not you can always build a motorbike (visit and you'll see what I mean) ;)

PS: this one may suit Charles, what with his highfalutin divine right etc :LOL:
  10. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Badger... you seem to have two threads going on this topic.

Can't find any Lancers, but eBay has a couple of show jumpers at silly prices.

Otherwise this guy has 'grown out' of his Breyer horses and has several for sale: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Dead-or-Alive-Motorcycles?rt=nc

Dunno if they'll suit (sculpting looks a bit iffy)... but if not you can always build a motorbike (visit and you'll see what I mean) ;)

PS: this one may suit Charles, what with his highfalutin divine right etc :LOL:

11. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Badger

Do you want me to combine the 2 threads into the Marketplace one

Stay safe

Nap
  12. nig-g Active Member

Neil is right ...the Showjumpers go for silly prices as they are now considered “collectible”.
    The sculpting on the Breyer horses isn’t that bad.....I used one myself for a 1/12 conversion. Certainly comparable with the Airfix horse. Sure there are mould lines, makers marks etc to remove but nothing to difficult . They are also easily over painted.
    Could even use that unicorn if needs be.....don’t forget to remove the horn first!
    NeilW likes this.
  13. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thinking of those Van Dyke paintings, this one or this one look about right (£8 = £4 P&P).
    Ch1.JPG ch2.JPG

May be worth dropping a line to the vendor to check their height to make sure that they're horses not ponies?

Just found this out... so be careful about the series/scale:
    There are several scales of Breyer horse models:
    • Traditional: 1:9 scale (adult models are approximately 11″ long × 9″ high) and is the most popular scale.
    • Classic: 1:12 scale (adult models are approximately 9″ long × 6″ high)
    • Ponies/Dapples/Pony Gals: 1:12 scale (adult models are approximately 9″ long × 6″ high) and are aimed at the youth market.
    • Paddock Pal/Little Bits: 1:24 scale (about 6″ long x 5″ high) - Now retired, but some products are found in craft kits.
    • Stablemates: 1:32 scale (adults are about 4″ long × 3″ high)
    • Mini Whinnies: 1:64 scale (adults are about 2″ long x 1″ high)
    As of 2008, the Ponies line has been replaced with a similar line titled "Pony Gals". The line differs from other Breyer products in that the models have brushable manes and tails and may have jointed heads, necks, and legs, and are marketed towards younger children.
  14. taliesin2013 Active Member

15. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Blind Pew likes this.
  16. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
  17. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    yes please sorry I got it wrong=bloody hate computers/badger
  18. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    hi mate,how much is it for the painted one/badger
  19. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
  20. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've heard this described as perhaps the greatest example of a standing horse depicted in miniature. I concur.