1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Airfix 1/76 WWI MKI Male Tank -Take 2

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Paul, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Paul Active Member

Germany
    A break from D.A.B´s*...Another go at an Airfix WWI tank.
    I´ve built the Male version (Here) and the Female version (Here) before, but this time it´s in honour of a prolific Model builder and long time member of the Airfix Tribute Forum, who sadly left us this year after a long fight with cancer.
    I used the colour scheme on the back of the box. I stuck to the pattern as much as I could.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    A bit of the build. I didn´t take pics of all stages as, after the base coat had dried, I got carried away and got the thing finished in two two hour sittings.
    [IMG]
    Fitting the parts together
    [IMG]
    Base coat, a mix of ocre, white and a slight drop of mid green.
    The brown was plain chocolate brown, the green - mid green with brown added, the black - well, Black
    Tracks painted with a mix of Anthracite/Black and brown. Highlight with a mix of Anthracite and black.
    I glued the tracks straight onto the body using second glue.
    [IMG]
    *D.A.B´s = Dark Age Bods

Continue reading...