1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Airbrush ...0,15 or 0,20mm buse ?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by ldom77, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ldom77 Member

France
    hello

i plan to buy in the next day a new Evolution Airbrush

i think to use it for making 54mm figure and 75 mm for making clean base, first shadows and highlight

is a 0,20 mm buse enought for that or i must buy directly a 0,15mm ?

thanks to help me

Dom
    Edit/Delete Message
  2. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Hi Dominique,
    I don ' t know if I can help you because i use the airbrush only for military modelling on airplanes, I often think about use it also on figure and probably I would try , if you want to use it only for figures i think better for you buy directly a 1.5 mm , I don't know if you have experience with it , you have to pay attention on the pressure and use the colour very thinned , i suggest you acrilic , for me Gunze Sangyo are the best for airbrush and you can thin them well with alcohol . I hope this can help you ...

Stefano
  3. Pat_Camp New Member

United-Kingdom
    I use an Iwata HP-BH........

...... for the same purpose that you have in mind. From memory, I think it is 0.15mm but may be mistaken.
    I have used it with Alclad primer; Humbrol & WEM enamels; Tamiya, Lifecolor, Xtracrylics and Polyscale acrylics; artist oil paints.
    The paint needs to be well thinned and in good condition otherwise you will get problems with blockages.
    I also have a Badger 250 which has a bigger nozzle which is also handy for primer/undercoating, especially if you want to cover larger surfaces such as for the occasional tank or aircraft.
    If you are new to airbrushing, prepare yourself for some "fun & games" until you get the knack of it!

HTH

Pat