Completed Critique After the battle

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sirhogr, Nov 20, 2010.

1. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Hello to everyone!
    After a long time away I finally manage to complete this bust from Andrea, and hope to continue! I'm waiting for your comments!
    George

PB190080.jpg PB190081.jpg

PB190083.jpg PB190084.jpg

PB190085.jpg PB190088.jpg

PB190090.jpg PB190093.jpg

PB190079.jpg
    fanai, gordy, pmfs and 7 others like this.
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi George,

If I'm totally honest the colour of the hair and beard is distracting from the overall effect of the bust, which is very good. If I could suggest, add a few washes of dark brown over the hair to reduce the contrast and take some of the yellow out of the colour. I would suggest you concentrate on darkening the hair colour and reducing the highlights in the beard and moustache.
    petermh likes this.
  3. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree with Tony's comments, but a beautiful piece of painting over-all.
    Carl.
  4. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice George....can I suggest toning the beard and hair down a bit...why not try a couple of darker washes of browns/black...I think you will be pleased with the transformation..and your eye will rest more on the piece as a whole...other than that small addition it's a very good bit of paintwork....!!! and the eyes are excellent....
  5. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Hi George, very nice work, I agree with the others on the beard, some darker washes may inhance. I have one of these to paint also but will wait untill my painting skills are better, so I watch all examples of this spendid bust with interest. Les
  6. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Thanks guys for your sugestions, i agree with you but i leave it as it is as an example for future projects!
    George!
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    George,
    Very nice work. But i also suggest what the others mentioned. And a wash is very easy and it put your work a little bit higher. You should do it, and in the meantime it is a learning process for your future project.

Marc