1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP African Rebel, 1970s

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by valiant, Sep 15, 2018.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

This one has been languishing in a box for sometime, but I have finally got around to making a start. Still a long way to go, the main colours are there and will need some shade and highlights adding, as I go. Painting in acrylics.

Scale is 1/9, sculpt by me and AK47 by Reedees. This is currently held in place with blutack, but will have a sling added, eventually. This is not meant to represent anything specific, more as a generic figure from one of the multitude of conflicts in Africa at that time.

Thanks for looking in,

Steve(y)

IMG_8359.JPG IMG_8360.JPG IMG_8361.JPG IMG_8362.JPG IMG_8363.JPG
    1969, tomifune, razor and 6 others like this.
  2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Liking this Steve ...lots , like the pose you have done

have the Osprey books inspired you ?

Following this with interest

Nap
    valiant likes this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I used the Osprey books to get a general feel for the subject, but this all came from my head! I suppose having watched event on the news over the years, these things tend to stay in the subconscious. Ive not tried to copy any particular camo pattern, or specific unit, just gone for the impression....(y)
    Nap likes this.
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely job so far Steve, AK works very well for this figure (y)

Steve
    valiant likes this.
  5. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve - its almost like it was made for the job!!(y)