1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Advice sought on European shows

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by 47AngryRonin, Jul 9, 2018.

1. 47AngryRonin New Member

Planeteers,

I've never attended a European figure show and have the opportunity to do so this fall. So I'm looking at either the Euro Miniature Expo in Folkestone or Scale Model Challenge in Eindhoven. My interest is almost exclusively historical figures and I love traveling in both England and Netherlands so its kind of a wash in that regard.

Any advice or insight that could help me decide between the two would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Greg
    Nap likes this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Greg.
    Any advice I feel would need a little more info.
    Where are you coming from?
    How long have you got?
    Do you intend to visit any other locations.

Failing that Euro at Folkestone its a whole new venture.
    Mick
    Nap likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Greg

Big welcome if I haven't already said so

Shows .....Expo in Folkestone is certainly one to get to ...a brand new team organising it , this year is in September but in 2019 changing to earlier in the year

SMC .....well established and certainly attracting some of the best in our hobby ( as is Expo ) .........

Also in 2020 SMC is the location for the World Expo

You will be assured of a great time and a warm welcome at both

Nap

PS ..there is also FigureWorld ( this weekend ) ...great figure displays from some great artists
  4. 47AngryRonin New Member

Thanks Nap! Appreciate the warm welcome.

Mick,

I'm coming from the States (he says in a hushed voice) and plan to spend 5-6 days. The intent is, quite honestly, to see my first European show, with some sightseeing thrown in to appease my girlfriend, so either time spent in London or Amsterdam.

I attended the World Expo in Chicago last year and was thrilled by exposure to the many European artists, sculptors and masters.

Thanks,

Greg
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

Has to be Folkestone, lot more to do in London for both of you.
    Mick
  6. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Welcome to pF. EME in Folkestone is a good shout. Easy to get there from a base in London.
    You should consider a change of avatar, this one has been Kagemusha's for years.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Welcome Greg.
    If you go to Eindhoven it is really near the SMC show in Veldhoven.
    The Netherlands is a very small country. Travelling by train from Amsterdam to Einhoven will be done in 2 hours.
    Here is all the info you need: https://www.scalemodelchallenge.com/

Marc
  8. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Greg. If you opt for EME make sure you make yourself known. A fair number of us will be wearing our pF badges but the best way is to go to the traders like SK Miniatures. Stormtroopers, Elan13, Oakwood Bases and ask them to point out anyone you'd particularly like to meet.
    Obviously there will only be some of the members but you will recognise many of the Top Guns you saw in Chicago.
    Cheers
    Derek
    Brilliant choice of avatar by the way (y)
  9. 47AngryRonin New Member

10. 47AngryRonin New Member

Thanks Derek I will definitely make myself known and seek out fellow PF folks.

And thanks for the avatar compliment!

Hope to meet soon.

Greg