1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by malc, Jul 5, 2019.

1. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Morning....afternoon....evening.

Where ever you maybe in the world.

Can anybody suggest a thread on PF or any other material that would help me to learn sculpting.
    Nap likes this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Scotty and malc like this.
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  4. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  5. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    malc and Landrotten Highlander like this.
  6. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thank you guys, some very useful stuff.

Anymore is welcome.
  7. JaimeChocano Member

Spain
    I would recommend the books by Philippe Faraut, specially the two I own and know for a fact that they are very good:

Figure Sculpting Volumes 1 & 2

For some reason the English version of those is rather pricey... I have the German editions which are more reasonably priced and the text in the books is very interesting and helpful, going often beyond supporting the step by step images so I would say, beware of buying them only for the pictures.

Also, in the old "Manual de Miniaturismo" published back in the day by The Spanish Team on their blog there were some very interesting articles on sculpting. I particularly enjoy the ones by master Joaquin Palacios (a.k.a. Freeman). There was one called "Como modelar una cabeza" that to this day is, in my opinion, the easiest sbs for sculpting a face.

The Spanish Team forum is no more but I have found this link to the above mentioned article:

https://docplayer.es/49975837-Tutorial-como-modelar-una-cabeza-por-joaquin-palacios-freeman.html

I guess there is no issue with copyright as the article was freeware in the day and the source and author are mentioned within its pages but should the moderators see this differently, please remove the link. I have a lot of respect for Joaquin´s work and I would not like to go against the rules here.

I hope this helps :)

Jaime
  8. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  9. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thanks guy lots of good info.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers for asking the question Malc

Saved the links everyone has given