1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Advance to Arnhem 1/16 scale

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Ski, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Mookie Active Member

Wow very nice indeed.Love it.Shows how nice Steve Reedees sculpts are.
    Great Work.
    Richard
  2. Airkid PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Steve, that Denison looks the dog's whatsits mate. Very impressive. I like the face too, typical of wartime faces - as a corporal he might be late 20's but looks 40-odd. Nice work , and full credit to Steve Reedee too for the quality of the figures.

Phil
    Nap likes this.
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You nailed this one Ski, love it!!!!
    Steve
  4. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    Fantastic work indeed! (y)

Cheers!
  5. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Continuing excellence, Steve! I'd say revisiting Cpl Reynolds' para wings definitely paid off, they're a superb rendition.
    Every time you show a new update to your work, I notice something different - this time it's the outline of the tin in his left smock hip pocket - very true to life.
    Nap likes this.
  6. Steve Ski A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks a lot Gents, yall are too kind! I still say he resembles Mel Gibson, HA!

Ya Stevo, great sculpting, Ma Brotha!

Cheers, Ski.
    Nap and 1969 like this.
  7. Steve Ski A Fixture

United-States
    Back in the bunker!

It's been raining and the firewood is almost done, so I kept the bunker fully operational after the H34. I loaded a new palette of oils and I always keep the prior for tonal references. Not much to look at right now, but the light tones on the Para smock are being worked right now. The right arm is done, working the left arm today, then the chest portion. Once the smock is done I'll go back and add the brush marks and work the web gear. Point being, it's good to be back to "sniffin paint and gluin my fingers together"!

Cheers, Ski.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Quality Ski, doing a great job on this
    Steve
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Have to agree with Steve, great job Ski.
    Steve
    Helm likes this.
  10. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    loving the colours on the smock
  11. Sgt. Red Active Member

Great paint job!!
  12. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    Great work, Steve! Glad to see you back at the bench and resume this amazing project (y)

Cheers!
  13. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stunning sculpting with references to match and beautiful castings. Impressive paintwork throughout, but especially of the DPM jackets.

Mike
  14. Steve Ski A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Gentlemen, for the encouragment and compliments. Trying to keep the shadows and highlights across the different tones can play tricks on the eyes, lol. Doing one color at a time seems to be speeding up the process nicely. Steady ar she goes.

Forging onward ;)
    Chris Oldfield and 1969 like this.
  15. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Steve

Great to see you back at the bench and hopefully the fingers are till unstuck

Nice update and as usual the camo is looking good

Got new popcorn supplies here so watching this closely

Happy benchtime

Nap
  16. Steve Ski A Fixture

United-States
    Tanks, Nap!
    Nap likes this.
  17. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent job on the cammo
  18. Steve Ski A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Jed, greatly appreciated.
  19. Steve Ski A Fixture

United-States
    Smock Light Tones Complete

I just finished the lighter smock tones on the arms and chest. I will now go back across the entire smock to ensure the brush strokes are correctly placed according to color, etc. Like I said before, this particular pattern has evaded me, but it’s way too late to go back and change it, so we carry on, artistic license I say. As you can see, the shadows and highlights should carry through all three-color tones and painting them one color tone at a time completely before moving on to the next was not really that difficult. After doing this for a while you get use to it, seems to have worked out ok so far.

The last step for this figure will be the web gear and helmet. As mentioned earlier, all the brass and metal work will be done on all the figures as a last step before the dull coat.

Thanks for watchin. Cheers, Ski.

[IMG] [IMG]
    1969, Nap, Chris Oldfield and 2 others like this.
  20. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Outstanding shading skills on that Denison smock, Steve! Quality (y)