1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Adrift from figures for the moment

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Reddo, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    Hi all
    I think I have modellers ADHD. Its been a few months since I've done a figure - mainly because of wanting to try out different techniques. I have been fascinated by sea sculpting and so wanted to try my hand at it modelling the USS Monitor at sea. This is work in progress from an iphone camera. I plan on using the sea sculpting method here to do something like Conan fighting a sea monster from the deck of a skiff if I can get some appropriate models .
    560741_10150703392962087_563842086_9621832_1550833206_n[1].jpg
    John Bowery, DaveG and Jamie Stokes like this.
  2. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Ha,ha, Modellers ADHD is also known as AMD - advanced modelers disease.....where you put down a a few work in progress, and pick up a new idea and run with that for a while...until you see another cool idea you'd like to run with for a while!

Modelling water is a great skill, and can really capture the "moment in time"

Looking forward to seeing your works on this,

cheers
    Reddo likes this.
  3. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Sadly I can vigorously relate to your current situation RE: AMD these days. :rolleyes:

But.....I think this water effect looks brilliant. (y)

DG
    Reddo likes this.