1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Additional Large Scale Fun

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Ray, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Ray Active Member

United-States
    This figure is my second or third 90mm figure, I don't remember which now, and one of the commissions that started me on this trek. The odd bit of wood sculpture he is posed on is a representation of the cab of an obscure Australian (used by the Australian army in Borneo, I think, during WW 2 and also in civilian use after the war) internal combustion railway locomotive. The actual scale of the figure and locomotive is 1/19th though the figure measures-if standing-89.6mm for a guy about 5'7" tall. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the actual locomotive, both the figure and locomotive are in New Zealand now with the builder of the locomotive who is also the purchaser of the figure.

All the usual materials were used, MS, A+B, resin castings and aluminum wire.

Attached Files:

Dan Morton, Guy, Jamie Stokes and 7 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ray, great sculpting and a well balanced and natural looking pose . (y)

Cheers Ken
  3. smeagolthevile Member

United-States
    Very nice, I love the hat, I have one of those myself. the pose is great as well, good job
  4. outrunthedogs Member

United-States
    Hi Ray
    Great job, love the pose! Very relaxed and natural looking.
  5. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Ray,
    nice to see you back here,

again, a very natural pose, and your drapery is always worthy of a study.

Cheers
  6. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Len,
    This was an interesting pose being a one-off allowed more creativity than I usually experience with figures that are to be cast and made for a wider market.

Thanks Jamie,
    It is nice to be back, I had a lot of down time last year that couldn't be prevented so there is a lot of catching up to do. I'm glad you like this guy and will try to post some more completed figures over the weekend. I would like to see some more of what you've managed on the sculpting front too though, what happened to your Japanese Mrss for instance and were the armature parts ever of any use? Prod, prod.

Ray