1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Adding Clothing to the Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Automata, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Automata Member

United-States
    Well, I've been putting a bit of time on the light dragoon bust here and there. Hopefully, I can have him finished by the Chicago show. I don't work as fast as a lot of you guys do.

I have just about finished with the clothing and am ready to start on the helmet, the basic shape of which I have added to the head.

I would like to again thank all that gave me helpful comments and would appreciate more of the same.

Thanks,
    Barry

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Excellent Barry! I think the the ears could stick out a bit more but never the less it still looks good
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Barry, Great job on the uniform. The cut of the unform and the lay of the collar and lapels is spot on. This bust is really looking good.~Gary
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking great Barry!
  5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Barry , that is excellent work. Very neat and subtle. One little comment would be the rear end of the helmet. I think it should go lower in the head. Just looks slightly ( only slightly ) high.

Stephen Mallia
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Barry, Stephen has a point just put additional material along the bottom edge and give it a slight diagonal angle from front to back. I can't wait to see the helmet design.~Gary
  7. Automata Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments guys!

Leigh - I agree about the ears. I'm hoping that since the hair will be long and cover the tops of the ears it will become less apparent.

Stephen & Gary - I'll try to adjust the sit of the hat a bit when I add the cloth band to the bottom.

Terry - I agree. We need more Rev war figures. I remember the first time I saw an illustration of a CLD about 20 years ago. I was surprised that there were such cool looking uniforms in the Rev. They're about my favorite uniform of any period.

Anders - If I can do half as good a job painting this as you did on your blood warrior, I'll be very happy!

More to follow...

Barry