1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ACW Zouave Bust 1/8th scale

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roy, May 26, 2006.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roy, Great job on the bust . Everything looks spot on. (y)~Gary
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is a cracking piece. As gary said spot on. I love the different textures in the fabric, you don't often see that even in busts.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Roy,

This bust is awesome. Busts are not my favorite, but this one i can hopefully see in life at Euro??

Marc
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the masters class on skin detailing, Roy! What a wonderful piece!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Roy, my friend that is just fantastic.Lots of character. Hope to see it live at Euro

Stephen Mallia
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    This excellent Roy!!!
    My compliments
    christos
  7. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Joe many thanks, he will be available around this time next week.
    Gary thank you...all your help with reference made the job a great deal more manageable and it was a lot of fun too.
    Matthew thanks for taking such a close look...the texture on the various items added to the enjoyment of the whole piece..and helped me learn a little more about what each piece was made from.
    Marc many thanks, I know where you're coming from...painting a large bust is not the easiest of things to attempt, especially when you are more used to figures...they are definately a challenge..I think I'll pass too.. ;) I would much rather sculpt it than paint it.
    Dan..thanks for the comment..the skin was really fun to do and not too difficult to get some nice lines here and there...it looks much better in the earlier photo's though.
    Stephen..thank you for your kind comments...I hope to see you and hopefully Ray too at Euro this year, I can't wait for September.
    Christos..many thanks for taking a look at my bust.... :) ..and for your kind comment.

Thanks for looking everybody....I really appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments.

All the best...Roy.
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roy, Roy, Roy, you have outdone yourself my friend! This piece is fantastic. I would say my brushes are ready to go on this one, I looked down at what was tugging at my pant leg while reading this thread and there were my favorite brushes jumping up and down, waving histerically wanting a crack at this one! :lol: :lol: ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  9. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Jay..wow..many thanks for your very kind comments...you really gotta let your brushes out a little more often...sounds like you have a pack of K9 sables on your hands.. :lol:

All the best...Roy.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Roy ,
    Watching this with interest , simply stunning sculpture , this is going to be some bust when its finished , whatever you choose regarding the headgear will kook great , I myself would choose a fez as I think it reflects the zouave , but I am currently looking through all my references regarding kepi's .
    Have you any ideas yet as to which regiment perhaps 11th NY (Ellsworth's) , nice red shirt with a firemans badge (Osprey Elite 62 plate C3) , very stiking .
    Keep up the great work , I am new to the planet but now hooked !!

Regards Kev (BMSS Bristol - UK)