1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Acw Union Infantryman 200mm

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by diamond cutter, Jan 23, 2013.

1. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hic !:happy:
    I bet you are just good friends with your liver mate!
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I must be honest we are very close.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Interesting size for a Civil War figure. I'm sure it will lend itself well to some super detailing. There are a few things that I'd like to comment on based on those details that can be seen on the figure.

1. The fatigue or "sack coat" appears very short on this figure. Compare the fit of the coat on the soldiers in the period photographs.
    2. The knapsack straps/belts dont look like those seen on a Federal knapsack. Again, the photographs show the proper configureation of the straps, this time on a period correct reproduction.
    3. If the bayonet/scabbard were worn on the waistbelt as shown on the figure it would be backwards. The bayonet would actually sit diagonally along the side of the trouser leg.
    4. the body/crown of the forage cap is a bit small also. There are a number of period images online which are one of the most valuable aids in which to check for accuracy in terms of a period look.

[IMG]
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well spotted Gary I was so taken with the pose I ddn't notice these
    diamond cutter likes this.
  5. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
  6. cadno Member

United-States
    Hi Pete,thats a nice bit of work there one of the best 200,s i,ve seen especially civil war will go nice with moz,s reb i guess his sutler bought from top man and millets,he he ,wheres,his horse he is a cavalryman isn,t he? lookin forward to seeing more regards Tony
    Wings5797 and diamond cutter like this.
  7. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    As I said at the start of this thread, this is a WIP and there are a few things to change before this figure goes into mould. I just haven't had the time to do it
    Thanks for the info
    Wings5797 likes this.
  8. Funky50 Guest

Want one mate...... Keep us informed of any availability....cheers.....funky
    Silversurfer and diamond cutter like this.
  9. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I didn't have my laptop when sculpting this figure and references were a bit limited. This is the main source for uniform and reference I used.
    As you can see, the bayonet on my figure is hanging in the way shown but as has been mentioned, it's not correct and is on the list of minor things to alter before moulding.
    I've been trawling the net looking for the best pics and refs possible as I don't want this depiction of one of these brave chaps to be wrong!
    Once again,many thanks for the pointers!:)

Attached Files:

captnenglish likes this.
  10. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This is a wip of a drummer boy to go with this figure.
    I think that some of the uniform and kit details may be wrong though.......

Attached Files:

11. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks the dugs swingers Pete (y) have you ran it by the two fudetts before going to production:D

Ron
  12. Funky50 Guest

Lads please the dogs sitting lookin at me like I'm a lunatic.....laughing at me laptop
    Don and diamond cutter like this.
  13. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Not yet. There's nothing wrong with this one though, and I should know-I'm ' trained'
  14. Funky50 Guest

Does that mean you now go outside to pee on the lawn mate.???
  15. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nope-still in the houseplants:woot:
    Funky50 likes this.
  16. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Just a thought about my last comment...

Attached Files:

Wings5797, Funky50 and Helm like this.
  17. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    The photograph shows the bayonet/scabbard being improperly worn. This is NOT that great of a reference.
  18. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Going by photos on the net, I can see now that this pic has been reversed which is a f//// when you are using it for refs!o_O
    Thanks G D, I've used your pics posted here to help with making this figure as accurate as possible!;)
  19. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    What do you mean 'like'? More than likely the penny's dropped with your dog long ago.
  20. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Old Gobbler-an anonymous coward strikes again.
    Probably can't even raise a hard on unless she's in bed with Jo-an.
    Talentless prat-bring it on mf.
    Show us your stuff, show us your stuff, is it is it is it too rough.
    Wanker-get in the stalls where you belong