1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ACW pioneer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by y_wong, Apr 17, 2004.

1. y_wong New Member

Thanks Jason.
  2. Patrick Kirk New Member

Excellent Wong...can't wait to see this guy "all together". I am sure it will be a very powerful piece...hope all is well

Patrick
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, If you have Troiani's first book of Civil War art you'll notice the central figure of the charge of the 1st Minnesota Infantry at Gettysburg has has the crossed axes in light blue on his left arm. I would say that putting them on the right arm is also correct as the photo Jason refers to does not appear to be a reverse image and Troiani would know better than to incorrectly portray the insignia unless he had information stating otherwise. Go with the painting.~Gary
  4. y_wong New Member

Dear Patrick, it's coming along fine. Currently I am working on the neck and collar and should be moving on to the shirt this week.

Dear Gary, thanks for the advise.

regards :lol:
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Wong Yau,my dear friend,that's an EXCELLENT piece of work there (y) (y) ;WELL DONE !! Looking forward to seeing it in the "flesh" soon ! BTW,I'll contact you on Friday itself to firm-up the time to meet up with you to visit Victor;he's certainly looking forward to seeing us again (he's been doing some intensive modelling so that we'll have something new to see when we get there) ! I plan on bringing my newest vignette and "Old Abe" for you guys to take a look (will post pictures on the vBench later in the morning). Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  6. y_wong New Member

Thanks Kenneth.
  7. y_wong New Member

Dear folks, i have completed the shirt and should be putting on the accoutrements which I sculpted previously. There is a few more items to sculpt, haversack and blanket.

Please enjoy.

Attached Files:

8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, Very nice, I like the look of the figure.~Gary
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Wong Yau, (y) (y) work !! Keep it up ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  10. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Looking very good Wong. The face has lots of character.
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks great Wong........love his face
  12. y_wong New Member

Dear Gary, Kenneth, John and Guy,

Thanks !

13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Wong,

He is coming together really nice. He has a really nice look about him. Thanks for the pictures.

Joe
  14. y_wong New Member

thanks Joe.
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Wong, you have given the face a lot of character,I like it.(y)
    Can't wait to see the finished product.

keep up the great work.

Roc. :)
  16. y_wong New Member

Thanks Roc, he's almost there. I have started work on the belts and haversack. Attahced is the pic of the belts. i will also be posting pic on the haversack.

regards :)

Attached Files:

17. y_wong New Member

and the Haversack.....

Attached Files:

18. y_wong New Member

An almost complete pioneer. There is still the blanket, bayonet and buckle. It's almost there...

Hope you folks like it.

Attached Files:

19. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    EXCELLENT,Wong Yau,EXCELLENT JOB (y) (y) !! Keep it up my friend.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  20. y_wong New Member

thanks Kenneth.