1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ACW pioneer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by y_wong, Apr 17, 2004.

1. y_wong New Member

DEar Joe and Jason,

Thanks. Glad that you like it.

regards :lol:
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong,great job on the canteen, Jason is right, you nailed it.~Gary
  3. y_wong New Member

Thanks Gary. I just realise that I have forgotten about the tin cup that the civil war veterans always dangled from their haversack. Anyway the SBS of the cup should be ready in a couple of days. Please check back then.

4. y_wong New Member

Dear Folks,

I have completed the tin cup. Attached is the SBS of it. Hope you like it. I have started on the shirt but again my attention is diverted to the hands. Therefore you should get to see the hands before the shirt.

Attached Files:

5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Wong Yau,my friend, (y) (y) (y) !! GREAT JOB on the cup ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  6. y_wong New Member

thanks Kenneth.
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Wong, my friend,the cup turned out great.(y) (y)

Looking forward to your step by step on the hands and shirt.
    I've always found sculpting hands to be very difficult,at least for me.

Keep the good work.

Roc. :)
  8. y_wong New Member

Thanks Roc, I have completed the hands and attahced is the SBS. They are resting on the handle of the spade. The last two pics showed the completed hands from different angle.

Please note that I always wait for the putty to hardene before proceding to the next step. To speed up the process, I normally add on a little part before going to work and add on again just before bedtime. In this way I do not have to bother with the waiting.

Please enjoy. :lol:

Attached Files:

9. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Very good job on the hands Wong (y) Great job on the equipment as well.
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, That is a great sbs on the hands. It's hard to tell for sure, did you define the knuckles enough on the hands? Sorry if you did and I'm just not seeing them. The hands look very natural the way they are placed.~Gary
  11. y_wong New Member

Thanks Leigh and Gary,

Yes, I did put knuckles on the hands but from the look of it, it's not obvious. I will try again tomorrow and post the end result for your comment.

BTW guys, I welcome comments so please don't hold back. It only helps me to improve.

12. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Wong, the hands are excellent, very natural.

Cheers
  13. y_wong New Member

dear Roc, my frient, I glad that you like the hands. Anyway I am currently trying to make the knuckles more obvious. Should be able to post something on the improved hands soon.

BTW I am also working on the sleeves at the moment.

14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Wong Yau,EXCELLENT JOB on the hands,my friend;I like it alot (y) (y) !! Looking forward to the revised "knuckle" pictures and the next SBS sequence in your project.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:

BTW,I spoke to Victor today and he said Fridays are generally fine with him.About 8 pm,is it alright ? Do let me know,won't you ? Thanks.
  15. y_wong New Member

thanks kenneth,

How about this friday? Left a msg in your hp.

regards
  16. y_wong New Member

Dear folks,

Lately I have not posted any pics in this forum as I am busy with another model. Anyway I have touch up the hands and hopefully the knuckles are obvious enough. You should be able to see them from the shadow that they casted.

regards

PS: I should be posting the arms in a little while....

Attached Files:

17. y_wong New Member

Dear folks, I am back again. Attached is the pics of the arms. I have a query regarding the badge that the pioneer wore on their arm. From the drawing, which can be seen from the first page, the badge with the two hatchets was on the right arm. But from the article in Don Troiani's civil war, it is mentioned that the badge was wore on the left. So does anyone know which arm it's suppose be on?

regards

Attached Files:

18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Wong, my friend, the hands look great, I can definitely see the knuckles.
    The arms also look good,very detailed.

Every time I see your work, it makes me wish I could sculpt .

Keep up the good work and happy sculpting.

19. y_wong New Member

Dear Roc, thanks for the kinds words.

It's time you give sculpting a try. The first step is also the hardest step. Once you get started it can only get better. Furthermore it's not expensive, some epoxy putty from the hardware store, toothpicks, files, blade, sandpapers, rolling pin and talcum powder and you are on your way. It's more fulfilling (at least for me) painting your OWN figures.

regards
  20. Jason W. Active Member

United-States