1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ACW pioneer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by y_wong, Apr 17, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Wong Yau,the shoes look VERY GOOD (y) (y) ! Looking forward to the next update.BTW,I just completed my Kulak figure today(painting of both the figure and the groundwork).Will probably post the completed images tomorrow.Do give me your opinion then,won't you ?Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I like your approach to the shoes Wong. It looks to me like the foot needs more heel though. The calf seems to taper into the foot instead of having the slight swell at the foot. Am I explaining this okay?
  3. y_wong New Member

Hey kenneth, looking forward to your painted figure.

Hey John, Yes, it does seem the way that you describe it. I will be adding some putty to the back of the foot. Thanks for pointing that out.

A happy and enjoyable weekend to both of you.

regards :lol:
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Wong,
    Nice work,thanks for sharing. (y)

Cheers,
    Roc. :)
  5. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Hi Wong!

I echo everyone when I say great sbs.

Here's some pics of VERY accurate Civil War reproduction shoes.

Note the square toe. This is a common shape in most 19th century (and before that) military and civilian footwear. Even "field" worn shoes retain this shape. I'll post some pic's of original CW era shoes if you would like :)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. y_wong New Member

Hey Roc and Jason, thanks for the kind words.

BTW Jason, I am very grateful for what you have done. I will modify the shoes according to the pics that you shared. That's the great thing about this forum, sharing and helpful members.

I wish both of you a wonderful weekend.

7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, I was going to post some line drawings of shoes, but Jason's pics are even better. I can't wait to see the next step.~Gary
  8. y_wong New Member

Hey Gary,

Thanks. Currently i am having some problems with my computer. I will be re-installing the OS and such. In short, reformatting everything therefore it may be a couple of days before there is any update.

I have started to modify my shoes according to what Jason had posted. Hopefully I will be able to post it on this site soon. The next in line SBS will be the pants.

9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Wong Yau,get your computer fixed QUICK and post more updates soon;that's a VERY NICE figure you got going there (y) Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  10. y_wong New Member

Hey Kenneth,

The computer is fixed and I am fixing the shoes now.

11. y_wong New Member

Dear folks, taking your advices, I have made some modifications to the shoes. Hope that they're better now.

Attached Files:

12. y_wong New Member

Hey it's me again. Attached is the SBS of the pants. Hope you like it. More coming soon.....

Attached Files:

13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Wong Yau,the shoes and pants look very good !! Well done,my friend (y) (y) Keep up the good work. BTW,I've also modified my "Old Abe and friend" figure,as per Kreston and Pete's advice.Do check it out and let me know what you think,won't you ? Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Wong..........I am anxious to see your next step.!!!
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Wong, excellent work, my friend. (y) (y)
    The pants are looking great.

I've been following your step by step closely,and enjoying it.
    Can't wait to see the next step.

Roc. :)
  16. y_wong New Member

Dear Kenneth, Guy and Roc,

Thanks for the kind words. I am currently working on the cap pouch and cartridge box. Hopefully it's ready by the next weekend.

As for the pants, it's almost done except for some minor touch up.

regards

Attached Files:

17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Eh......that's me,by the way;forgot to log-on AGAIN :( Cheers.
    Kenneth ;)
  18. y_wong New Member

Thanks kenneth

19. y_wong New Member

Dear folks,

I have attached a sequence of pics showing the scratch building of the cap pouch. Each step is only carried out when the previous has hardened. As for the catch, I craved it out of a toothpick.

Hope you like it. The next piece of accoutrements that I will post will be the cartridge box.

Attached Files:

20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Wong.......you make it look so easy. Keep up the great work!