1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ACW pioneer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by y_wong, Apr 17, 2004.

1. y_wong New Member

Hey everybody,

I would like to share with all one of my recent sculpting project. It's based on a painting of a pioneer of the army of cumberland by Don Troiani. I have decided to vary the pose with one of his legs stepping on the back of the spade. Hope you will enjoy this thread.

regards :lol:

Attached Files:

2. y_wong New Member

That's my wire armature. Front view

Attached Files:

3. y_wong New Member

That's one of the side views. I have also sculpted the shoes for the figure. As for the detail of sculpting, I will update them in my website (most probably next weekend).

Attached Files:

4. y_wong New Member

The flesh out figure. The head is from Verlinden which I will be modifying. I will post the picture of the modified head tomorrow.

regards

Attached Files:

5. y_wong New Member

Looking from the side.

Attached Files:

6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looking great so far Wong. What scale?
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, Great choice for a figure, you can't go wrong with a Troiani figure study. My only comment is he looks a little wide in the shoulders. You might want to bring the shoulders in a bit.~Gary
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Wong Yau,an EXCELLENT subject choice for a scratch-build (y) !Looking forward to the SBS on your webpage.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  9. y_wong New Member

Dear Jason, the verlinden heads are meant for 120mm figure, unfortunately they are slightly under size. When I based upon the 7.5 head proportion the figure ends up about 110mm tall instead of 120mm.

Dear Gary, yes I do agree that the shoulders are wide. I will be craving away the excess resin to bring the shoulders in. Thanks for bring it up.

I have included a series of modification which I made to the head.

Attached Files:

10. y_wong New Member

Dear all and kenneth,

I have included a picture of my intermediate step before fully fleshing out the figure.

Attached Files:

11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Wong,
    Looking good....,can't wait to see the finished product (y)
    Keep up the great work.

Roc. :)
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Wong Yau,GOOD JOB,my friend !!! (y) (y) Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Wong.........love the sbs pics of the transformation
  14. y_wong New Member

Dear Roc, kenneth and Guy,

Thank you.

I have just completed parts of his pants, should be posting it soon.

15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Looking forward to the update.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Wong!

Great progress buddy! I really like the head transofmation SBS, very cool. YOu are doing great, looking forwad to the next update.
  17. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, Very nice. I like the sbs showing the addition of the beard and forage cap. I can't wait to see the next set of pictures.~Gary
  18. y_wong New Member

Hey folks,

I have some SBS regarding the shoes minus the shoe laces. Hope you like it. Currently I am working on the pants. I hope that I can post them asap.

BTW I am also working on two other projects, one is an alabamian. the other is a fallschirmjager.

Attached Files:

19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking terrific Wong.......love the sbs on the shoes / boots
  20. y_wong New Member

Hey Guy,

Glad you like it. I will be ading on the shoe laces as it's too fragile. Most probably before painting the figure.