1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ACW or Napoleonic figures

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by mcsnead17, Sep 20, 2014.

1. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    I am having a hard time trying to figure out if should do for next year MFCA show because I have books for both periods so should I do one figure from both periods of history instead of just doing one figure well what would you do ?
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There is no answer to this question! .. apart from your own 'Gut-Feeling', and what you really feel is the more powerful interest for you.;) Clearly, start with what you have the most passion about!

Regards,

Mark
  3. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    thank you for answer but with me sometimes I do go with gut-feeling and sometimes it is right and sometimes it is wrong .
  4. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    My gut feeling is always right, if I like it...it's right. Maybe find a figure you would like to paint.

cheers Zane
  5. Ferris A Fixture

If it's difficult to choose.....add more options.... How about a Roman or a German. Such neglected subjects.... ;-)

Cheers,
    Adrian
    crf and ChaosCossack like this.
  6. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    I do have Greek and Roman figures but I still find them difficult to paint because of there shields and doing the research is wonderful because I am of the Met Museum of Art in New York City .
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    I would not think in terms ... for next MFCA... but in terms ... what would please me
    Joe55 likes this.
  8. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    thank you for that and now to find the right kind of working table and lighting.
  9. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Wait a minute, am I to understand you work at the museum?

Joe
  10. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    no I am a member of the Museum and not an employee because I believe you need a college degree which I do not have.
  11. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    You are very fortunate to be so close to such a warehouse of astounding collections!

Anyway to answer your question, I would search for figures or busts that strike your fancy. I would not hold myself to just one or two either, but then again I don't know how much time or any other restrictions if any you have to devote to your hobby. Some folks stick to a given period, and that's fine, its personal taste and preference. Myself, if I come across something that causes me to have that,..... 'Oh hell yea, I'm gonna do this one!'.......feeling, then I just go for it. It seems you favor those two periods for subject matter, not to mention you already have references for them, so I'd more than likely go for one of each if not more. I can't imagine you having any problem in finding several!

Joe
  12. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    How do you expect anyone to answer this question ? you have the figures in front of you , you have all the reference material at hand and I believe from the years you have been in the hobby all the paints to cover any colour scheme going . The choice has to be yours and yours alone . You have been posting weird questions for years, first over on Timelines and now here on PF and to date you have never posted anything of your works in progress or finished works . It would be easier to respond if we knew of you skills .
    chippy
    Helm and crf like this.
  13. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Mark, I don't know when the next MFCA show is but if you have the time may I suggest you paint a figure from each period & then decide which you would prefer to take to the show.

Geoff
  14. Meticulous Member

United-States

It will never happen.

It is one post after another, one project after another, and never (ever) any results. It has, as you say, been going on for years yet he is just now getting a table and lighting (despite claiming to have worked on multiple projects).

It was amusing to watch the carnage, at first. Now it is just irritating.
    Uruk-Hai, DEL, Helm and 1 other person like this.
  15. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    but there are other museums that I hope to get back to such as the Brooklyn Museum,The Jewish Museum for just two reasons why I live in Brooklyn,NYC.
  16. Mark S Guest

17. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

If you have a good casting, and the anatomy is correct, regardless of the period, a well cast and proportioned figure will always give you a better result .
  18. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    I know that but what company that you know takes the time to do the research ?
  19. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If there was a way of telling you how you appear to regullars on this forum without being offensive I would.
    Your supposed niaevety masks a really irksome irritating nuisance.
    Everyone who has commented and offered you help is deflected by you.
    So how about I make you a bet.
    You show me any photograph of any model figure you have ever completed and I will help you in any way I can to improve your skill.
    My bet is you are just a silly troll who takes huge pleasure in putting questions up on a lot of hobby sites just to encourage what you see as nerds to waste their time and you think it's clever and funny
    It isn't, you are an idiot and a waste of a broadband connection.
    I wish I was a moderator I would send you such a data bomb you would never be able to use your PC for ill-gotten amusement again
    Why not just go away
    The sooner the better
    These are my personal views and not in any way should they be misconstrued as representative of
    Planet figure or it's staff . But I'm quite willing to bet you thay feel the same privately
    But there again you probably won't because dumb asses do what dumb aasses do
    Don't you?
    No reply neccessary I won't be reading it, neither should anyone else
  20. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    the person who answered should see a therapist because he needs one and reason I ask this question I would like know to have a second option thank you for all-most all the answers.