1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Acrylic risers

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by thegoodsgt, May 16, 2005.

1. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Hello all,

Thought I'd just share a tip for displaying your figures...athough maybe some of you are already doing this.

If you have a curio or any kind of display case, look for acrylic risers that are half the depth of the shelves so that you can place the risers toward the back of the curio. This allows you to display the rear row of figures 3-5 inches higher than those in front, greatly improving the ability to see all the figures.

I've had a hard time finding a retail (and affordable!) source for risers, but just ordered from these nice folks in Ohio.

http://www.displaycaseart.com/acrylic-risers.html

You can also find risers on eBay.

Here's how they work in my curio cabinet.

[IMG]

Good luck!
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Good idea Steven. I just added another 4' x 6' high showcase to my den today and may use your suggestion in the new case. Here is a link to some other member's ideas and showcases. If you like, I will add your case to the portfolio.

Member's Showcases / Displays
  3. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Hello. I've bought a couple of these risers from a place called The Container Store. They are a fairly large chain and are usually around your larger cities.

Matt
  4. Pete_H New Member

Same here as Matt, except I found mine at Staples.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys
    Do they come in different heights and legnths?
  6. nagashino New Member

Hi All

Been looking for a source of these for a while. Pete, you mention Staples. We have them over here so time I took a trip there.

Thanks for the pointer (y)

Cheers

Phil
  7. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Dang, here I am trying to be "cutting edge" by surfing the net for hours upon hours, and you guys are finding them right next door at Staples! Thanks for the tip guys.
  8. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Nice idea Steven. (y)
    Thanks for the tip.
    Craig