1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP aces pilots, trio WWII scale 1/9

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by offo, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Yup - thats what I was thinking - must have had a brain fart!
  2. offo A Fixture

I thought it humorous. Indeed many photos on Google J.J. Only this one with a helmet. On Fotograff should be Johnson.
    thanks again:);)
  3. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    These are beautiful sculpts Palo. I hope you carry on with the series. Personally, I don't see how you can do Galland without sculpting Douglas Bader. This is just my opinion, Bader has always been a particular hero of mine and I always think it fitting that when he was Knighted, it was for his years of charity work helping amputees.
    Best wishes, Gary.
    offo likes this.
  4. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Gary

You are right about putting Bader in the mix...I think we can nominate many names for such a series. In the end when Mitches Military Models release this set if it proves popular then there is room for another set.
    garyhiggins and offo like this.
  5. offo A Fixture

Yes friends, I agree with you.
    There are many candidates on all sides of the conflict.
    I believe that this series will be extended in the future. And Douglas Bader I too mean. But the decision was made to another candidate. I think also that it could be, a series of foreign pilots in the RAF as Clostermann, Fajtl , Gabreski, Zumbach ....... and others.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  6. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Pavol! Smashing success! I recognized Joe Foss without the need for any captation at all. You nailed the sculpture extremely well (y) more for the cart! :joyful:

As I love pilots, and if I can ask, tackle some WWI pilots with their highly characteristic gigantic lamb coats: There are unbelievable designs just crying to be made as busts! Cheers!
    offo likes this.
  7. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

I think this series could go on for a long time....many a pilot could fill this thread.
    offo likes this.