1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

AC models Vietnam Grunt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by specmod, Oct 24, 2008.

1. specmod Active Member

Australia
    You all would have seen this figure when Andy was putting up posts as he was sculpting this figure.
    I have recieved one fresh from the castings, and it is excelent.
    Here are some pics of it out of the box, showing the breakdown and also some after l have cleaned and prepared the figure for painting. A special thanks to Andy for this figure. Comments welcome
    Cheers Andrew

Attached Files:

2. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Progress

Here are some progress shots as lve been going with this figure.
    Wanted to make the uniform look like he has been in the field for some time, hence the various shades of green and faded down tans. Some soldiers when in the field for some time literally had uniforms rot off thier bodies. Comments welcome.
    Cheers Andrew

Attached Files:

3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great progress Andrew,

This fella is coming to life before my eyes.

Is he wearing GP combat boots or Jungle Boots??
  4. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Gidday Tony, he has the jungle boots, which since these pics were taken are now painted. Will put some more pics up soon.
    Cheers Andrew
  5. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    looking good............your going to have to work overtime to get him ready for Battalion this weekend
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very nice figure !
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Andrew,
    The figure is coming along nicely.I used some twinned 10amp fuse wire for the gun sling when I based it on the photo.Look forward to more.
    andy
  8. specmod Active Member

Australia
    The Base

Hi all, here are some pics of the base so far. The next lot of pics will be of the finished product and an overall summery of the whole project.
    Cheers Andrew

PS Hey Busso boy, this will be at Battalion, l promise.

Attached Files:

9. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Andy,

nice painting and fast progress, look forward to see it completed!

Thanks
    Denes
  10. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Its Finished

Hi all, well here it is all finished and ready to be entered in Battalion tomorrow morning. Im happy with the end result and actually toned down some of the colors on the uniform, it looked over the top. As you can see l also added some more to the base, this finished it off nicely. Comments welcome.
    Cheers Andrew

Attached Files:

11. specmod Active Member

Australia
    By the way, a big thankyou to Andrew Cairns who kindly provided me this wonderful figure, it is very appreciated.
    Cheers Andrew