1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A Watched Pot Never Boils , Sturmartillerie, Ostfront 1942

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by zyclyon, Mar 30, 2022.

1. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Admittedly this is another spur of the moment project conjured some weeks ago which I finally found time to paint. The figure is from Tamiya's Wehrmacht Tank Crew Set (35354). I swapped the right arm with the figure holding the binoculars from the same kit and replaced a new hand holding a spoon from Royal Models. The field stove is taken from Royal Models, German SS Soldier Eating - WWII (876). I upgraded the collar insignia and shoulder tabs with Rado Miniatures Wehrmacht Soldier's Insignia (RDM35PE03). This project is turning out to be quite enjoyable due to it's simplicity and I do encourage some of you folks out there to give something like this a go.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

A glimpse of the figure at the initial phase of the project. I decided halfway through the painting to swap the head for another with a more stoic expression - perhaps a person who takes his cooking seriously....

[IMG]

Cheers,

Calvin

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Continue reading...