1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A tricky build (not by me)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Michael Tse, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Hi all,

Been in farewell parties every night. Gherkin, home, home, Battersea. Followed by one musical a day, starting tomorrow. Just staying busy til the Sunday flight, as I will settle in Hong Kong for good. This is a very hard goodbye, as I am genuinely in love with UK. I think I have loved it the right way, in all of 8 years.

First bunch of pics show the successful build of a frankly very tricky build. When it came out everyone cheered but bizarrely there had been no posts reflecting progress on it here and elsewhere. Wonder if it made it to Euro? Guess not.

These pics aim to say two things:
    1. My friend Nigel is an amazing modeller who has pulled off the positioning of the gun with arm with shoulder in such a way I could only describe it as heavenly. Nigel is the most all-rounded modeller I've known. I wish I could take Nigel with me to HK :(

2. It is a very difficult kit to build. This is a mild protest on the casting front. Look at the filling Nigel had to do between the arm and torso! The gap was even larger before I handed him the kit. This is the second time Young handed me dissappointing casting.

The second bust is much more consistent and pleasant as a Young release. I really dig that handsomeness that Ebroin graces all his creations with. I have all his Young works.

Last pic is me on hunting mode. I will say no more.

Michael

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      195.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      200.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      196 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      217.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      184.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      202.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      211.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      208.3 KB
      Views:
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Michael!

I wish you a safe journey back "home", my friend.:)
    I hope see this two finished soon.:cool:
  3. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Ummmmm....hunting for what?

Jim Patrick
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Not too sure of the tunic in the last photo, is that fantasy piece. Hope you have a safe trip home, and stay in touch.
    Carl.
  5. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Hopefully you will stay at it after your move because your start on the Soviet tanker showed real promise. Looking forward to hearing more from you once the move is over.

Jim & Carl, I think we know what Michael is hunting for :)
  6. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Thanks guys! Actually I fly quite a bit between UK and HK and no it never feels safe. Thank goodness this will be the last flight of them all. Yes, I intend to fly no more.

Haha Carl you are right. It is a lady's piece. I just happen to look the way I like in it. Pls dont be weirded out...

Mike, I bet you will never guess what I was "hunting" for. My wants are sometimes incoherent to that of a normal person...

I do believe HK is great for modellers in general, except that it is underdeveloped for the very kits we deal with. Well I will keep up for sure. I might even go hardcore, now that the idea of a studio is being toyed with.
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Have a safe trip.
    John