1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

a new update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Aug 16, 2005.

1. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Hello Guys,

Redone the eyes, putting some more highlights and shadows on the face. Reworked the hair, and painted the cloak. The cloak is shining because the paint is sitting about five minutes. Excuse me for that.
    The important thing is that i want your opininon about the skin. As you read before in the SBS i painting a face for the first time in oil.
    So what has to be improved.

Marc.
    [IMG]
  2. D.Lesko Member

Marc, the skin tones look real nice. One thing, i would take some highlight color and pick out the fingernails. Other then that, i love your work.
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Youre really improving fast. As David I like the face and I suggest you work the highlights on the hand and arm with some more contrast. Also put a thin shadow on the base of the nail.

The cape is hard to comment on due to the angle and only one picture.

Cheers
  4. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    thanks for the fast comment Dave.
    The arms are just basic, need some highlights and shadowing. What i have done on the arms is not enough.
    Thanks for the suggestions at the fingernails.

marc.
  5. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Janne,

Thanks for following my painting skills. I learning every day.
    For your comments pleace look at the answer to Dave.
    What the cape/cloak concern, he is so wet, that the lights just giving white spots.
    I put some pictures off the cloak tomorrow if i can find time :)

marc.
  6. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    MArk
    As told you a time ago, oil rules, you see, you got a better result with oil then with acryls, only a few can use the acryls like magic. Keep on going the good work

Bert
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Marc, I think your flesh tones are looking pretty good, as others have suggested the upper part of the flesh meaning the forehead can use a few more highlights.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc.
  8. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Looking great Marc. I just received my Marcomanni Warrior in the mail today, so I will watch your progress with great interest. Cheers.

Glenn
  9. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Thanks for the peptalk Bert.
    Yes, i stay with the oils now.

Marc
  10. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Thanks for looking Rocco,

I shall highlight the forehead this evening more..

Marc.
  11. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Glenn,

You wouldn't be disappointed about this figure. Fitting is perfekt, and is aa great sculpt.
    I hope you enjoying it as much as i do.

Marc
  12. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hello Marc,

Your progress on such a short term is just spectacular! Glad to see you followed all the instructions I gave you on our club evenings :lol:.
    Bring your Marcoman next tuesday and we'll discuss everything over a nice Belgium beer.

Great work (y) !!!

JoHaN
  13. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Thanks Johan,

The beer is on you. :lol: :lol:

And if i hadn't listen to all the guys who are painting for years, on the club as here on the planet i never had make this progress.
    Asking, listening and trying that are the tree keywords for improving skills.

Marc
  14. nagashino New Member

Hey Marc

This is looking really good. The flesh tones are nicely done and your detail work in the faces has greatly improved. This is such a nice figure, so much character. I have opened mine but so far no action. So, I'll just enjoy watching your version taking shape :)

Regards

Phil
  15. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Phil,

I really wanted to thank you for trusting me. You now i am just starting with painting figures ( i painting two years now ). Maybe you gotta look to some other painters who did this great figure.

Marc
  16. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Marc...he's coming on great so far...and I know you consider yourself a beginner..but even in the short time I've been a member on the planet..from just the start of this year....I've seen your work get cleaner and more accurate with every posting you show....and sure we all make mistakes as we start painting figures...it is always a little difficult to start...and usually...it takes someone who really wants to improve to stick with it and try all the different approaches, till they find a way that suits them..and that's the great thing about figure painting...you are always learning and improving...and the results are there for all of us to see.....you keep it up mate...you're doing a great job.

All the best.

Roy.
  17. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Marc-

I think the face is first rate.

It may be the photos as I know how difficult it can be to get white to show up properly in photo's. The beard and hair seem a bit one colored or mono chromatic (? ;) )A little more shadow?

The left arm seems to have some "red" or blush on the tops of the fore arm?

I think it is well done. I enjoy your work so keep posting!

Keith
  18. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Roy,

Thanks for dropping by. Always appreciate your comments.
    I'll love painting figure's. It is a great hobby that make's it possible to leave the troubles off the day all behind me.
    And beside's that, we make friends in a long distance.

Marc.
  19. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Keith,

Thank for your input. Indeed, in the pic's the hair seems mono. But i can assure you it is from a dark grey over grey, light greg to white.
    I learned from Larissa Tamberg that you must have tree gradients from every colour you paint, and when you do it great you have more then tree.:lol:
    The left arm, you are absolutely right. I must correct this. I did this burnt sienna colour because i was not satisfied about the highlight on the arm. It seems to greyish. Last evening i highlighted again and it seems more like i wanted it.

Marc.