1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"A Moment in Time, 1755" - re-release by El Greco Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by elgreco, Jan 21, 2021.

1. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Edorta, Jaybo, Ingvarr B and 13 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Celine and Matt

This will be good news to many , good on El Greco fir adding this to the catalogue

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    elgreco likes this.
  3. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Good to see this again (y) Marion's painting shows it off to a 'T'

Alan
    elgreco likes this.
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like a nice clean cast.

You've re-issued a couple of ex Michael Roberts pieces now. Do you have plans for any more?

- Steve
    captnenglish likes this.
  5. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    A beautiful set.
    Mark
    elgreco likes this.
  6. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Steve - yes, we have many more items to release but due to the pandemic and various lockdowns, plus Brexit, this has slowed their release. We hope to release them gradually in the coming months.
    Cheers,
    Matt
  7. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Always liked the Michael Roberts kits.I use to have this kit but gave it to a friend.I guess I may have to get it again.
    Mark
    elgreco and Babelfish like this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the heads-up Matt. There were some lovely figures in the M.R. range, it's good to know that at least some more of them will be seeing the light of day again and have not been lost to the hobby.

- Steve
    elgreco likes this.
  9. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Interesting revived piece Matt. I have it in mind it is based on a picture by a well-known Western artist, possibly Frank McCarthy?

Phil
    elgreco likes this.
  10. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    RG.jpg Robert Griffing
    Jaybo, housecarl, elgreco and 2 others like this.
  11. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Bang on Marco!(y) McCarthy, Griffing - two sides of the same coin. Both superb artists.

Cheers for the memory-jogger!

Phil
    elgreco likes this.
  12. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great looking kit!, nice to see this one back in circulation. Have a couple of Robert Griffing prints - fantastic artist.
    elgreco likes this.
  13. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice to see this one back in production again.
    I got mine from El Greco back in 2017 when it was still a Michael Roberts kit.
    It was fun to put together and paint, and I'd recommend it to anyone other than a beginner.
    Marion and Alan Ball had an article on painting this kit on their website, which I found extremely helpful.
    Unfortunately, I have been unable to find it on their renewed site, so cannot give a link.
    Luckily, I downloaded it and did not delete it, so, for anyone interested, here it is ...

MOT - 1.jpg MOT - 2.jpg MOT - 3.jpg MOT - 4.jpg MOT - 5.jpg MOT - 6.jpg MOT - 7.jpg MOT - 8.jpg MOT - 9.jpg

You can find my effort HERE, together with the original link to the article, which can no longer be found.

Cheers,
    Andrew