Completed A Mermaids Song

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by madeg, Aug 5, 2012.

1. madeg Active Member

Some time ago I posted the completed sculpt of a little vignette with 2 figures . The title was A Mermaids Song . The idea came after I saw the last Pirates of Caribbean movie ( by the way the mermaid scene is the best in the movie ) . It shows a shipwrecked pirate lured by a mermaid sitting on her rock by the sea . The rock is covered with the remains of former victims .
    It took a while to complete the vignette because I pasted the paintingwork onto my female collague figurepainter. After some time the work came back to me for creating the water using , Valleijo acrylic water paste. This could only be done when the crates , bottles and the pirate in the water were completely dry. In the meantime the mermiad was painted . Also a timeconsuming job because the upper layer of her fishbody was covered with a mother of pearl effect ( special oil paint ). This technique can only be done when the rest of the oillayers are dry .
    Everything is finished now and ready to go into the next competition .
    For the moment I'm into pirates . The ideas came from the ride in Disneyland and the research I did about it . I came across the original concept art from Mark Davies who gave me ideas for these figures .
    Below some pictures of the finished work .
    And at the bottom of this thread a preview of my work in progress . Just started the vignette : Treasure cave . To be continued.......................................;
    Sculpting is done using green stuff and milliput . the heads are from preisser and hornet .
    The acsessoires are from different vendors . Verlinden ,unicornmodels , etc ..
    Water is done using Valleijo acryl water paste cristal clear. IMG_1192.jpg IMG_1194.jpg IMG_1197.jpg IMG_1199.jpg
    Painting is done using Windsor and Newton oils .
    Acrylic paint ase basecoats .
    IMG_1192.jpg IMG_1194.jpg

Attached Files:

2. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Brilliantly executed vignette Marc,and well painted of a "Siren"?
    Brian
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Excellent piece of art!

Pedro.
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    I loved your original sculpt, and the painting of it has brought out its best, the pearl effect on the Mermaid is perfect for the fishy effect.
    Ben
  5. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb work.
    Carl.(y)
  6. Tarracus A Fixture

what a squander of creativity!!
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    That's a great little scene

Steve
  8. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Very cool!
  9. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    very very nice, thanks for showing like it.
    Whats about the fourth picture is it your new project?
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great execution of a golden idea.

marc