1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A look back

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by garyjd, Feb 10, 2020.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    When I painted this 5" X 7" in 2008 the original sketch called for a full figure of a Union soldier. Fast forward to 2019 and this full length version which is 8" X 10". I painted it using Jo Sonja acrylic paint. This brand of acrylic dries somewhat slow and to a matt finish which I like. The downside is that the brightest colors even dry a bit dull. I have other subjects that are going to see updated versions to note any improvements or just if the work has a different look in terms of style. There are a few other "look back" projects coming this year in addition to my continuing series about the Fort Pitt Museum dioramas.

Here's a link for the first version. http://garyhistart.blogspot.com/2008/05/union-soldier.html

[IMG]
    The 5" X 7" half figure painted in 2008.

[IMG]
    The full length version painted in 2019.

Continue reading...
    oldtrousers likes this.