1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A Little Practice-Haupsturmfurher

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by theseeker, Mar 16, 2010.

1. theseeker Member

United-States
    I have not attempted to paint a figure in a year, so I thought I would give Amon a try. The uniform is a combination and a failure! The face is about 65% done but I am pretty happy with the hair.

[IMG]

This is a great likeness of Ralph.

Rocky
    Meehan34 likes this.
  2. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Rocky!
    Welcome back!

Skills are still there; blending on the tunic, the face is good also.

looking forward to you finishing this piece, and bringing it to 'life'

cheers
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    you seem to be handling this one well Rocky, i like the colour you have achieved for the hair and the face is coming along nicely. Maybe the pupils could be balanced more size wise and i think the busts left pupil is too far toward the nose compared to the right one, a good progress though overall.

Steve(y)
  4. theseeker Member

United-States
    Jaime,

Many thanks! I hope I have the time and patience to finish it.

Steve,

Thanks for looking in! The eyes are always my biggest problem and I always save them for last. A pale complexion is much harder to achieve than I thought it would be. I will continue to practice!

Thanks again for the critiques.

Rocky