1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A little late but Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by web-one1, Mar 14, 2016.

1. web-one1 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A little late I know but hello to everyone here, Im quite new to forums etc on line choosing to be a club member in the flesh
    Modelled Tamiya AFV's from as early as I can remember back in the late 1960'sand enjoyed modelling till my late teens when needing something more I started to collect WW2 U.S. uniforms and equipment that spread over all services and then to British and later German .....time travel on 43 years from collecting my first piece to now when I have sold it all baring a few reproduction bits for reference sakes and now back modelling but trying to do 1/9th and 200mm figures and busts, I have joined a local model club and its spurring me on much like being a member here has. I will post my first bust in the gallery and know I will get slated for the paint work but in my defence Acrylics and blending is a new medium and im trying to get to grips with the whole technique

Alan
    (Staines upon Thames, UK)
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Hiya Alan!

Welcome aboard! Look forward to seeing your posts!

All the best,
    Dan
  3. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Howdy Alan, and welcome to the Planet! Like that avatar of yours (y)!

Joe
    web-one1 likes this.
  4. web-one1 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Joe is actually me dressed in WW2 U.S. Tank crew uniform it was a still taken for a book on Uniforms for Windrow & Greene that I used and adapted to make a #Yank@ front cover and hangs proudly on my staircase

Alan
    Joe55 and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there Alan,

BIG WELCOME to PF ..enjoy yourself

Nap
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Alan,

Could you post a bigger scale version of your avatar picture? Re-creating that scene using figures would make a nice "wedgie/diorama" thingie for WW2 buffs.

All the best,
    Dan
    Joe55 likes this.
  7. web-one1 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Sure Dan where should I do that ??

Alan
    peedee likes this.
  8. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Alan.

Its never too late, enjoy what you do. There is always conflicting advice on this forum. :LOL:

Regards,

Mark.
  9. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Dan beat me to it. I began to think the same thing, that way we also know what you and the dog look like :)!

Joe
  10. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Alan I hope you get a lot of fun both from the Planet figure forums and your local model club in equal measure.
    well done for joining both.

Paul.
  11. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Alan, below the box where you typed your message earlier at the foot of the page it says 'upload files'
    Click that and a black dialogue box is superimposed on the page.

Click again on 'choose files' and it connects planet figure to your pc/device directory.

Choose whatever photo you like.
    after you select, the box closes and is replaced with the file name of your pic and it's thumbnail.

Repeat till you have stacked up all the images you wish to show, and then at the top of them all, you choose full image or thumbnail.
    When you are ready, and have typed the words you need as well, click post reply and images all appear as part of the completed post.

This is how most of us put work in progress views on the forum and those of finished models too.

Post something soon, we all would love to see some of your work.

Paul.
    Dan Morton likes this.
  12. web-one1 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    244.JPG

Herw we are Dan this is the avatar image that you asked about, BTW I have added to the gallery my pictures of my first model bust and as stated my first ever face painting so please view and be harsh ....

Alan
    peedee likes this.
  13. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yaaaay well done Alan,

going to your gallery now.

Paul.
  14. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Alan I have had a look .
    I am seriously impressed, neat brushwork, looks to me like some well thought out flesh tones and highlighting going on, It's not doll like.
    I recommend you keep this in pride of place.
    When you learn other techniques that enhance your skill it would be an ego boost for you to see how you have and will improve over time.
    Although I would not touch such a subject in a million years myself, you have done a great job.
    well done
    Paul.
  15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Alan, welcome to pF.