1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A great day at Figure World

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Graham, Jul 25, 2015.

1. mick3272 A Fixture

Your a braver man than I am Gunga din,

Mick
    MalcC and garyhiggins like this.
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It was allright I suppose
    If you call being chauffered down by two good friends and giggling together all the way good.

If being met with a hug off a planeteer I've been taking the mick out of for the last 3 years, I suppose it was.

If you are the kind of person who would be delighted by the kindness of a trader you consider a friend,
    who protects a painted figure that you stupidly left at an IPMS show and brings it specially to figure world,
    only to find other people like it when you put it on the table !

And if you are stupid enough to sit on your own specs and have to blow £70.00 on replacements the dy before you should spend it in kits, and still are able to go home with stuff you waited ages to get, it was ok I suppose.

To catch up on gossip and meet people you've only met in a small square photo and they turn out to be nicer than you thought.
    For someone to treat you to something on approval, because they want to, you can put up with it ..........
    I guess.

To have picked up a couple of real bargains on the saturday, and get another off him at ipms birminham expo un the sunday too, (Gideon miniatures)

To be accepted with warmth and enthusiasm by everyone just because you have a common interest is also acceptable......probably

So..... Yeah it was allright......really.... I suppose !

Smudger? We must have passed each other without the chance to say hello, I'm awful sorry, I was looking forward to a chat.
    So.......Can we do it all again next month please?
    And warmest sincere thanks to all of you, organisers, traders, exhibitors and friends
    for the best day out in ages.

Paul
    MalcC, garyhiggins, red tom and 2 others like this.
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Such a 'HAPPY SOUL'
    garyhiggins and peedee like this.
  4. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :D :D :D :D

P
    Graham likes this.
  5. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    I go to model shows on my own, hope somebody will speak to me, so that I can feel a part of the modelling community, and leave on my own, bit of a sado really.but I like to think I enjoyed myself,must do cos I always go back for more./ badger
    MalcC, Huw63, garyhiggins and 2 others like this.
  6. Graham A Fixture

England
    Paul, one of the great things about the show is that I can read your posts with your voice in my head. I took a banana for Richie the Chimp only to find he was nothing like his avatar..... I enjoyed the banana on the way home though. For me, the really great thing about the day were the people.
    MalcC, garyhiggins, red tom and 2 others like this.
  7. Huw63 A Fixture

I'm similar though recently I have talked to some PF people at Stresa and Euro last year and became acquainted with some rouges from Glasgow at Ingolstadt this year! So badger you aren't alone!

Cheers

Huw
    garyhiggins and peedee like this.
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Unless Huw, it's a British Farm and the owner has a shotgun.
    At that point Badger you are deffo on your own !
    Paul
    Graham, garyhiggins and Huw63 like this.
  9. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    ha ha ,thanks for all your comments,i am planning to attend the scale model show in Edinburgh in sept,and the modelfest in Glasgow in October,so I hope to meet some of you there./badger
    garyhiggins likes this.
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'll be at Edinburgh, along with Dennis, so see you there badger
    garyhiggins likes this.
  11. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    good,I will be wearing my t shirt telling the world that I am sixty,so if you see an old man,say hello./badger
    peedee and garyhiggins like this.
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    See an old man at a model show? Make sure you wear your t shirt Badger.:D
    peedee, tomifune and Richie like this.
  13. Graham A Fixture

England
    Lol, my better half calls FW my annual 'day centre' and asked if there are carers and thinks the WI do refreshments :D
    peedee, napoleonpeart and Richie like this.
  14. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  15. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Badger, Paul Newman from Name It does planetFigure name badges. I have one so I know who I am:(, but you might find it a useful introduction to other PF members (y).
    Best wishes, Gary.
    peedee likes this.
  16. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Graham, it was great to catch up with you again. I succumbed to Ellie's too, being nest to them all day, and came away with the French Infantry NCO :)
    It was a great day and it was nice to catch up with everybody, looking forward to doing it all again next year!
    peedee, garyhiggins and Graham like this.
  17. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Why do I know nowt about this Edinburgh show and you English guys do , I know the Edinburgh Boab's don't like us Wegie's but this is taking it a bit far .

Where in the Kingdom of Nicola is this being held and what date .
    Huw63 and garyhiggins like this.
  18. Shane Rozzell Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I had fantastic day at what I consider the best show in the UK. I can't wait until next year :)
    red tom and garyhiggins like this.
  19. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Shane, thanks to your demonstration you've now got me seriously thinking about airbrushing(y). I do have one but it's so old that all the sizes are in Roman numerals:LOL:(y).
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Shane Rozzell likes this.
  20. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    They told us not to tell the Glaswegian's:ROFLMAO: Here you go Ron mate.

http://www.scalescotland.co.uk/
    Huw63 likes this.