1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A gift for my father

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Denis, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Denis Member

Canada
    Hello Gents

This is a figure I made for my father who is a veteran from the Korea War. It’s a conversion from Dragon and Tamiya with a modified Hornet’s head.
    In a Bonzaï pot :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Comments are welcome.

Ciao

Denis
    Québec City, Canada
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Dennis,

This is a great gift. I am sure your father will love it. It is unique and done out of the heart, that is the most important thing from a gift.
    Great work.

Marc.
  3. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    agree with that, nice sculpting beard, tottally somthings different with normal figgies
    Bert
  4. neill Active Member

United-States
    Nice work Denis,

well thought out, nice pose, nice overall detail, great ground work, well painted.

I particularly like the base. Excellent incorporation of the Korean/Oreintal theme. the pottery helps make this an "above the normal" piece.

I know he will enjoy it.

Bravo,

Neill
  5. arthur Member

Canada
    Denis,
    Very nice job! Your father will be very pleased to receive it :)
    Are you going to CAPCON?
    A.
  6. Denis Member

Canada
    Hi Arthur!

Yes we'll be there : Richard, Daniel, Claude, Sylvain, René, Denis (the tall one) and me :)

Thanks for your comments gents!....and yes my father is very happy!

See you in Ottawa Arthur!!

Ciao

Denis
  7. Evan August New Member

Awesome work! I remember seeing the in progress pics some time ago, and I must say it turned out great! One question, how did you do the beard? I have a Nemrod SS officer that's being used for one of Nordland's Swedish volunteers and intend to add a beard for that combat weary look. Thanks for any tips.
  8. Denis Member

Canada
    Thanks Evan!

I used A+B Putty because it's very sticky and I used an X-acto knife and a wet brush to do the beard.

I hope I can help you :)

Ciao

Denis