1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A gft from Marijn

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Mar 23, 2005.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

The figure is finnished and t now will become clear what he's doing. For me this is a special figure, not only because it's my first converted one, but more importantly as a tribute to Marijn van Gils (hence the title). Not only has he inspired me for many years, he also helped where ever he could, but most importantly for being such a good friend for so many years; a big thank you Marijn!

Now, back to the figure. What parts I've used for the figure itself can be read in previous postings here. For the groundwork I used a mix of Acrylic texturing gel, Mig pigments and Mig Acrylic resin, white glue and saw dust. The gras is Sea Weed by El Viejo Dragon, the "bushes" are roots of a Bonsai tree (thank you Jean-Pierre) and the leaves are by Joefix. The snow is made by mixing MicroBalloons with glos varnish by Vallejo. Once again it's mounted on a DMC design base.

All comments are more then welcome,

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice, Gino! Beautifully painted - as always! Neat "story"! The groundwork is super!

all the best,
    Dan
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Gino,

I saw him yesterday evening in life.
    As i told you then, i tell you now: You can see his is painted with love, great skill etc.
    It is so nice done that even the picture is not good enough to see how good he is.

Marc.
  4. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Gino, as I scrolled down the page to reveal your figure it gave me a big smile.
    Thanks. You have done a great job with this little fellow.
    And I think Marijn has become an inspiration to many.
    Great little figure.

All the best.

Roy.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Gino...........figure and base.
  6. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great work Gino! Good idea with groundwork!!

Cheers
    Marcin
  7. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A wonderful Tribute Gino, and very well tied in to Marijn's work!

Not only that it's a great looking piece, and the grondwork excellent

cheers

Rob
  8. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    I'm eating crow. I was just talking with a friend about how difficult it is to tell a story with a single-figure vignette, and here you go doing just that!

Very nice work. I think you had concerns about the face, but it looks really good in the final piece.
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gino!

Excellent piece!
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gino,

Really nice. I like the whole scene. Now you can do the other ideas that you have had for some time. ;)

Joe
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino,Just fantastic. it's nice to sell a sculpture for manufacture or a piece to a collector, but it's a little extra special to just give a piece to a friend.~Gary
  12. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    This one came out very good, Gino!

I think it was a splendid idea! Luckily it seems that Marijn had some wrapping left. :lol:

Cheers
  13. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the nice comments. I had lots of fun doing this one and t almost came out like I had planned it.

Hi Joe,

Yes, but I have to improve my converting/sculpting skills a lot! Will try to get there step by step.

Greez,

Gino