1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A Furore Normannorum Libera Nos, Domine

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Helm, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    Furs still a little wet so have followed the suggestions and run a couple of washes into the hair and beard and worked the chain and arm armour up some

Steve

SAM_0694.JPG SAM_0692.JPG
  2. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi,

I think you should try to dark more the lower parts of the fur definitly. Use some greys and browns, let that light grey only for the upper parts. Use the sculpt to your advantage ;)
    The beard and hair look better now ;)

Regards
    Pedro
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks Pedro I'll bear that in mind when I get back on the fur

Steve
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Beard looks great now Steve, perhaps some selective extreme highs throughout.
    Carl.(y)
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Carl yeah I've got just about all the highlighting left to do on the bearskin. still tinkering with a way to use the silver highlights Stefano mentioned

Steve
  6. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Carl 'Teezie Weezie' Barton ;)
    Helm likes this.
  7. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Steve, hair is really just about there, I'd go less for the highlights and look to deepen some of the shadows on the beard, although I'm sure the lighting has 'washed' out a lot of the variation.
    The mail is looking great as is the padded 'jack' (y)
    Cheers
    Derek
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks for looking in and commenting Del (y) Yeah bit of confusion here I'm talking about highlighting the polar bear fur,not the hair sorry folks,:cautious: the beard and hair is about done till I do the final finishes for over spray etc, I'm sure it could be better but I think I could well end up over doing it if I'm not careful

Steve
  9. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Steve, when the fur is ready for the extremely highlights in some spots of the figure you can try with a light amount of a mix 4-5 part of white ( titanium white oil ) and one part of chrome silver Testor enamel . Pay attention the colour has to stay only on the surface of the fur and try to avoid the lower parts where there are the shadows, so it is better for you to use a small brush ( 0 ) and paint each hair fur , that obviously depends also how detailed the sculpt is ..hope it could help..
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Many thanks Stefano that mix is just what I've been struggling to get the right ratio with (y) as soon as the white has dried a little more I'll give it a whirl
    Cheers
    Steve
  11. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    ..ok great , also for my liking, i would not highlight the fur with pure white , but with a "dirty" white and would use the pure white only with the silver as said...and only in some spots where you think the light has to hit the fur..
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks again Stefano although it's had to tell from my bad pics the fur is actually off white with a creamy colour like the animal not pure white already I aim to do as you said just hit the high spots with your mix

Steve
  13. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    ok , the creamy colour is absolutely right..well done, also the leather parts and the metals of the mail are great Steve !!
  14. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    Looking good. Are you going to bring him to the Sword & Lance?
    cheers
    Richie
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    Let me correct that, the fur is MOSTLY cream apart from where it's BLOODY Mastiff hair coloured :mad: I've just spent 30minutes picking dog hair out of the damn thing with a cocktail stick :facepalm:

Steve
  16. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Richie I dunno depends if Del is bringing his :cautious: Thanks Stefano (y)

Steve
  17. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm on the door confiscating all suspect packages remember! ;)
  18. Helm A Fixture

England
    Sweet I may well do depends if I make it depending on if I get a job or not by then :unsure:

Steve
  19. Helm A Fixture

England
    Finally some daylight both literally and figuratively on this one. Added white/silvery highlights to the fur, and highlighted ares on the chain and jack. I think it's getting there now,but obviously I'd like to see what others think, the fur still looks rather white but thats more the photo than the figure
    Steve
    SAM_0696.JPG SAM_0698.JPG SAM_0699.JPG SAM_0700.JPG
  20. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Perhaps some highlights along the cross belt and chin strap edges.
    I know you give the fur a darker wash, so it must have vanished due to the photos.
    Carl.(y)