1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A Friend In Need

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Jun 14, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: ! Well,after a week of on-off sculpting,I finally present to you "A friend in need",a WW 1 vignette of a MG 08 crewman helping his wounded fellow soldier to the rear for some first-aid. All comments will be appreciated.Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

A close-up view of the 2 figures.
    [IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Great sculpting Kenneth........Love the work you have done. Hope to see him painted soon.
  3. Pete_H New Member

Dude, check your proportions. The limbs seem too long & slim.
  4. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Guy,thank you very much for the very positive comments;I really appreciate them :lol: ! I'm just waiting for my S and T bases to arrive from Coloradominiatures and then I'll start on the figures.Will post more then.Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  5. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey Pete,thanks for the feedback;I really appreciate it (y) ! Funny thing is,on re-checking,the measurements all come out OK :eek: .Maybe it's the angle of the photography that made the limbs look a little long and slim. Thanks for pointing it out anyway.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  6. Pete_H New Member

I'm not talking about actual lengths, but of the overall "size" of the limbs. Don't you think the limbs looks too slim? Whereas the torsos & abdomens look too big? Don't always rely on "numbers" but on the Mark I eyeball.

P.S - I can get excommunicated for that last remark (re: "don't always rely on numbers").
  7. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Pete :) ! Thanks for the second post;I really appreciate it. I had a critical look at the overall composition of the figures and they still looked alright to me.Looking at the photos and the actual model,I realised that the camera angle may have elongated the limbs a bit,giving the impression of their being "thinner" then the rest of the model. However,I will definitely keep your comments in mind when I start on my next sculpting project. Thanks anyway.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, my friend, beautifully sculpted and beautifully painted.
    Your creative talent knows no bounds.

keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Roc.
  9. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Roc,my dear friend,thank you very much for the kind comments (y) ! I'm glad to note that you're finally able to rejoin us here on the "planet".I hope to prime and start painting the figures soon.Will post more then.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  10. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: ! Well,I finally had a chance to prime the figures today (had a tough week at work !). Cleaned up the rough spots and bulked up the legs a tad.Here are the photos.What do you guys think ? Comments please.Thanks and cheers.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi All :lol: ! Managed to do the groundwork for my vignette today.Here then are the photos of the unpainted scene with the figures mounted on for size. As always,all comments are welcome.Thanks and cheers.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Richard,I really appreciate the positive feedback :lol: ! Cheers.
  13. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hi Ken, lovely scene and cool groundwork! can you explain the steps & materials you used?

Thank you very much, my friend
  14. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Daniel :lol: ! Thanks for the encouraging comments;I really appreciate them :) !The basic ground shape was first formed from some florist polystyrene foam(the kind used for flower arrangements).The groundwork material is a mixture of Celluclay,various earth-tone weathering powders(kind of similar to MIG weathering powders) and LOTS of white glue. After thoughly mixing the mixture,it is spread onto the surface of the foam,covering everything.Within a short time,the mixture will begin to harden. Working on small sections at a time,more white glue is placed on the groundwork and small pebbles,sand,Hudson and Allen forest litter and the debris from a packet of dried flower arrangement ferns are glued on,and tamped down with your fingers. The tree stump is from Amand P.Bayardi and the barbed wire from Hudson and Allen.HTH. I will post more once the painting is done. Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth ;)