1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A Few Old School Figures

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Indy, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Indy Member

United-States
    I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place but here it goes. These were made by my good friend Fred Lombardo, at 86 Fred is still painting and sculpting. As Fred explained to me, in the 60's and early 70's he would make his figures from cut up plastic toy soldier's and make the uniforms from tissue paper and white glue as well as plastic and putty, as that was often the only way to model a subject you wanted. Fred is a long time member of the Military Miniatures Soceity of Chicago, hope you enjoy seeing some of his early work here as well as some of his later work that I will add later.

This is one of my favorite figures Fred has done and one of his early pieces.
    [IMG]

This is a figure he sculpted for Valiant Miniatures.
    [IMG]

This one took a gold medal in Philidelphia in 1975, it was then stolen from the display table and all Fred has to remember it by is this photo and the glod medal.
    [IMG]
    blaster, martin tabony and Steve like this.
  2. Indy Member

United-States
    This was sculpted on comission for Playboy in the mid to late 70's.
    [IMG]

Here are a few of his more recent figures.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Fred and I met through our love of the auto racing and the fact that I produce Indy Car models and he loves sculpting racing drivers and personalities.
    Here is his figure of "Mr. 500", Andy Granatelli. This one was done in the early 90's.
    [IMG]

This is my all time favorite figure that my friend has done, especially since he gave it to me as a gift several years ago.
    [IMG]
    FigureLover, John Bowery and Mike S. like this.