1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed A few more Historex conversions.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike S., Jun 28, 2011.

1. Funky50 Guest

As my old sergeant used to say "I used to be in to Flagellation,Necrophilia and Bestiality....But I soon realised I was Flogging a dead Horse"...........lol
  2. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Funny you should say that? Flocking a dead horse.
  3. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Love your work.
  4. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Just drifting through this old thread as I was skimming Bill Ottinger`s book, Great stuff, makes me want to get those old Historex out, buy some new hands, heads ect and do some..
    crf likes this.
  5. Danco New Member

Hi Mike. I am a serious collector of Historex conversions. I admire your work. Would you be willing to sell any of your pieces, I would love to have one in my collection. Rgards,

Daniel
  6. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    nice, I like them
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mike,
    Very nice conversions and painting and settings. I to like the horse looking around.
    Cheers
    John
  8. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wonderful pieces. I too have loved Historex for years. They require a lot of work in order to produce a 'one of a kind' piece. But they are fun. I just wish I could get my hands on some of those Russian miniature real metal swords.
  9. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Cheers all for the kind words. I began my modelling during what was still the heyday of Historex in the 70's, so they are still near and dear to my heart. I wish that the kits and parts were still readily and abundantly available as they once were. My stockpile of kits and spare parts is ever shrinking.:(

I'm flattered at your offer Daniel, but due to my many and varied interests, I am a rather slow builder. As a result, I'm loath to part with any of my work. Thank you for asking though.
  10. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Splendid work - some of the most animated and natural looking historex pieces I have seen. I love the potential the kits offer.
    Cheers
    Mat