1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A Dogs life such a Painters Life...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Martin Antonenko, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    It is late Sunday morning.

Somewhere in Germany a figure-friend - let's call him Wolfgang - lays the last hand on two Landsknecht flat figures in 54 mm scale.

These are two very rare pieces by a well-known engraver, who is officially no longer engraved, difficult to get - two years ago, Wolfgang in Kulmbach paid enormous sums for the two figurines!

As usual, the figures standing in front of him - fixed with carpet tape - on a painting board, behind Wolfgang has fixed a cardboard on which he often brushes off excess paint from the brush.

Behind him, the door of the hobby room opens - and Wolfgang's better half puts her head inside.

"Daa-haaarling ..." she starts ...

"What darling ...?" Wolfgang returns and strives to suppress the slight indignation in his voice - he is not liked to be disturbed while painting!

"I'm putting up lunch now - I just wanted to say."

"Very good - I'm already finished anyway" replies Wolfgang. "Just a few last corrections ..."

His wife closes the door again, which Wolfgang hears with relief.

A few more last delusions on the Landsknecht drummer's right shoulder - and Wolfgang lays the brush aside with relief.

"Great!", He says to himself in silence - and is really satisfied with his work. He is sure that next weekend in Ingolstadt the "Duke of Bavaria" will definitely win a medal!

He moves the board with the finished figures on the desk a little to the wall and just wants to start cleaning the brushes, as it sounds from the kitchen:

"Darling- food is ready!"

"I'm coming!" Exclaims Wolfgang, gets up and turns off the daylight lamp. "The brushes I clean after dinner, is only oil paint on it ..." he thinks.

Suddenly…

Is it the altered position of the painting board, is it the changing light situation caused by the switched off lamp or because he stands now and looks at the figures from above ...?

There's a spot on the flag bearer's left knee that should be even better blinded!

"Daaaarling! Are you coming ...? "She shouts again from the kitchen.

"Ye-heesss - immediately!" Exclaims Wolfgang back, sits down again, turns on the lamp again and draws the painting board to itself.

Yes - seen correctly, there is a need for improvement in the left knee.

"We'll have it soon" thinks Wolfgang and reaches for the brush, glad that he has not cleaned it yet ...

"Daaaaaarling !! Lunch !!! "He hears from the kitchen at the same time.

"Aah, fuck it!" Thinks Wolfgang - or did he say that out loud ...?

The brush moves gently over the knee of the Landsknecht - and decorates the point in question with a thick black line!

"Damn it! That was the brush I used for the shoes...! "Wolf says, and this time it is certain that he said it really loud.

"Luuuuuuunnnnnch !!!" it screams from the kitchen!

But Wolfgang is deeply immersed in his painter universe and circles only in an orbit that revolves around the knee of the Landsknecht figure ...

And if a train crashed through the kitchen at top speed now - he would not notice it!

Wolfgang paints! Wolfgang corrects. Wolfgang blends, Wolfgang outlines - while fiery rings dance in front of his eyes and the thunder of an invisible surf echoing in his ears. He has lost all sense of time and space.

And finally ...
    "There you have your lunch, you ass!"

And with sweeping momentum sweeps his sweetheart a full plate on his desk - and porcelain chips, beef stew, red cabbage and mashed potatoes splash through the room.

Only the two Landsknechts get nothing off - that Wolfgang with a reflex, which is worthy of a national team goalkeeper, torn at the last moment from the work table and safely recovered from his chest.

In front of him is his sweetheart, crimson in the face with rage and red cabbage.

"Look!", Stumbles Wolfgang and stretched his better half with a helpless gesture to the now immaculate characters, as if they would explain everything ...

An astonished expression lays over his wife's face.

"You painted that? Really you? "She wants to know?

"Not bad, what ...?" Smiles Wolfgang relieved and hands her the painting board with the two figures so that she can take a closer look.

"Oh, leave me alone with your shit-tin soldiers!" She hisses back.

"I mean this!" And points to the cardboard, which originally stood behind the figures, and on which, apart from stripped brush paints, various components of the Sunday meal have now received a colorful potpourri ...:
    [IMG]

"Wait a minute!" Wolfgang's wife leaves the hobby room and he hears her rushing into the living room.

When she comes back a little later, she carries a thick book in her hand.

She picks a reasonably clean area of his workbench and leafs through it hastily.

"There - I was sure that I know that!"

(Did I mention that Wolfgang's wife works at the local art museum on Saturdays as a volunteer assistant in the museum's shop?)

"Look there!" She says, holding out the book to him, cutting it ...:

"The original is much better as yours, yours has become much too pale!" and leaves the room with high foaming bow wave.

And Wolfgang sees ...:
    [IMG]
    And Wolfgang reads:
    "George Sanen, Conversation with Pollock No.41 - Oil on Canvas - 2015"

Wolfgang is devastated.

And he realizes that he is starving ...