1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A Day Out

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Robin, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey all

I have today been to Warhammer World, the headquarters of the Games Workshop Organisation In Nottingham UK. They have a large gaming arena and a shop which you can order from and get your mail order 30 mins later (something I took advantage of), if its not in the shop.

There is also the jewel in the crown, The museum as its called which is basically all the box top art with guest stuff done by Golden Demon Winners. Its a gem of a place all those mininatures done to such a high standard. If you are wondering about a day out then this is the place to visit.

If anyone is wondering about whether we should allow these peope to show at Euro and such like they should visit too, thier illuisions would disappear, the standard is fantastic.

Please see pics below for a flavour of what is there.

Click Here to go to the homepage

Robin

Museum Pics
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Robin,

Why doesn't exit there no shop for figure's like this one here in Holland, off Belgium.
    :lol: :lol:

Great shop.

Marc
  4. johnnyboy New Member

hi robin thanks for a peek in this place i have all ways wanted to see it i dont play warhammer or 40k but do buy and paint the minis once in a while,great stuff thanks man johnny
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Robin, Thanks for the great posting. What an awesome place. The gaming hall is really neat and I'm sure enhances the gaming experience. I own some Warhammer figures and have some of the books and had more of an interest in the miniatures than the game.~Gary
  6. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi

Well its teh figures for me too, though its more of a way of getting my Big lad interested in painting without pushing him if you know what I mean. Hes the lad in the top pic (my eldest hes 8, I am a proud dad) Digital camera in hand.

Must admit I am a bit hooked on the figures, I have more pics I will post some if you want?

Robin
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Robin. I'd love to see more photos if you have them.
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Robin thanks for posting, I too collect (don't play).
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    So much detail on such tiny figures, simply amazing.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  10. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I don't have any of these, but from time to time I have a look in a local shop, and the standard of the figures is always impressive. They always appear well made and are often well painted, especially considering their small size etc. Shame that our branch of the hobby doesn't show the same breadth of imagination.
  11. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi

More Photos

Click HERE

Robin
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the additional photos Robin. Looks like a great place to visit and get motivated regardless of what genre you paint in.