1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A day out in Glasgow Museum

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by brian, Aug 8, 2018.

1. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Took these pictures when i visited the Glasgow Museum, and thought i would share them with you guys.The heads will be made into 54mm soon.(only kidding)
    Brian thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail.jpg thumbnail (5).jpg thumbnail (4).jpg thumbnail (2).jpg
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Looks like you had a good day out in no mean city.
    Have to say I much preferred the armour display before they refurbished the museum. That being said there are plenty of superb items in the Armour collection.
    Since I was a kid this has always been my favourite armour in the collection, no frills just ultra efficient.
    The Barbut helmet was not part of the original armour but is conemporary.......and let's be honest how good does it look. This is what Boba Fett would have worn if he'd been cooler :)
    https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/museums/collections/collection-highlights/avant-armour
    e77ae1d107d915a0ce27fdca991f4f0f046fba7c.jpg
    Pete Armstrong of Border Miniatures produced an excellent 70/80mm version of this armed with a halberd.
    oldtrousers likes this.
  3. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Guys, is that the Kelvingrove. I've been gone for a while but I don't remember the Glasgow museum
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  5. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Cheers Del. That's what I thought. I remember walking in for the first time as a 6 year old and going slack jawed when I saw the dinosaur in the main atrium.
  6. Ronaldo A Fixture

They made a right mess of this museum , what the hell is fekin Elvis doing next to a Samurai
    DEL likes this.
  7. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Not Stepping on his Blue Suede Geta ;)
    Helm and billyturnip like this.
  8. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    All the original stuff that was in the old one is, still in the new one,just have to figure out the different sections,which they've changed.
    As for Elvis,he's next to the cafe,and the Samurai has buggered off.
    I reckon you should be the PR man for Glasgow, Ron.:whistle:
  9. Ronaldo A Fixture

They have some great stuff : most of it hidden these days
    brian likes this.