1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"A Cruel Misfortune" Part 5

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Jason W., Dec 12, 2009.

1. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Here I've added the "skirt" of his jacket and roughly drew where I will place the pockets and "pleats". It was important to sculpt the back and front of jacket and fuse it to the skirt. This will keep the skirt firmly in place while sculpting the pleats and pockets and also for triming and sanding later.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

More...
    captnenglish, mil-mart and Mike S. like this.
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Really enjoying watchng this one progress, as the WSS is one of my fave periods. What's the title of the book the original pic came from?
  3. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Matt. The "Lace Wars" is becoming a fav of mine and others too. Thanks to Mike Blank's work for that.

Actually the caption is from a magazine article on the Battle of Blenheim, either Military History or Military Heritage magazine, can't remember. I've been trashing alot of my magazines lately and saving any usable images/articles for reference.
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks I try to track it down. Some months ago, my LHS had the Funken book on the Lace Wars, but I didn't think SWMBO would appreciate me dropping $150 (what a steal) on a pair of books in this economy ;)