1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"A Cruel Misfortune" Part 10

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Jason W., Jan 26, 2010.

1. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Here's the first figure to be secured to base. I chose this one for obvious reseaons, that being I will be working my way inside out of the scene.
    Sculpting and painting the hand onto base was NOT easy, but I'm happy with how it looks. The "grass" is unraveled twine mixed with some Hudson & Allen field type grass and then painted with appropriate colors. The grass is adhered with wood glue mixed with an earth toned color. Adding paint to the glue will help "mask" any shiny spots hiding under the grass. I still have some touch-ups to do on the figure before additional pieces go on.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

More...
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    wonderfull. Just enjoying to this coming together.

Marc
  3. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    That looks great Jason! You got the colors just right on the grass. (y)(y)
  4. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Really nice work, Jason. You got skills!
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jason, superb thread, really looking forward to seeing it all come together.
    BTW great tip regarding mixing paint and wood glue. (y)

Cheers Ken
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Fantastic job Mr. Blank....uh I mean Jason. lol

Really, You've done a superb job, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. ~Gary
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    You've really inspred me, but at the same time, you make me want to trash my brushes.
  8. John Long Active Member

United-States
    That really is beautiful stuff Jason. You seem like you're really enjoying the process too. What more could a person ask.
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Awesome work like always Jason! I thought we weren't going to see anymore progress until finished so was real happy to see this! Looking forward to the next update!
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work Jason.
    Carl.