1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique A couple of recently completed projects

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ghamilt1, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Haven't been posting very much lately, but I finally managed to finish a couple of painting projects which I'd like to share. The first is another of Carl Ried's excellent WWI busts which I painted straight out of the box. The other is Pegaso's Dragoon officer in 75mm, which I had to have the moment I saw it in the new release threads. Please feel free to comment or criticize and as always, thanks for having a look.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Eludia, pmfs, mao and 14 others like this.
  2. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Oops, I should add that the Bust was modified ever so slightly to represent an officer from the Canadian Expeditionary Force.
  3. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Glenn, these both look very good. I do like the bust. Well done sir!(y)
  4. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks very much Mike, I'm glad you like them. I would highly recommend the bust, a joy to paint.
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  5. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Top marks for both of these but I particularly like the bust
  6. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks Ken, the bust is one of my favorite recent releases as well.
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Both are very well done... Nice tip of the hat to the CEF

Cheers

Colin
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Perfect paintwork on both.

Marc
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Top notch painting Glenn. Love the bust mate, it's a cracker!
  10. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Excellent work on both Glen. I especially like the Carl Reid bust. You have made a really good job of this and the leather especially is exceptional. Well done Sir. (y)
  11. MENTAL DENTAL A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Like 'em both but, prefer the bust. Painting looks natural and not forced! When I get the triathlon season out of the way I'm looking to do the bust to add to my WQW1 collection.
    Cheers David
  12. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Very beautiful work and the two just a little objection ... The grass seems to want my painting because in this situation seems fake.

Alexandros
  13. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Very nice on both...but the bust is exceptional.

Colin
  14. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks very much Alexandros, I didn't spend too much time on the grass as I wanted to show this figure in a more peaceful, non-battlefield siuation. So I was going for a lawn type of look as opposed to field grass. Still, a little paint wouldn't hurt and I do want it to look as good as possible.

Thanls also to David, Jazz, and Tony; it seems the consensus is in favour of Carl Ried's wonderful sculpting which makes painters like me look good.It's hard to go wrong on this one and none of you would regret having this one on your workbench. I happened to notice his latest release of a Waterloo era 79th Cameron highland seargent....wow! Can anyone gues what's next for me?

Thanks Colin, I always lament the lack of Canadian subjects and try to convert british figures whenever I can. Got to represent!

Thanks also Marc, most kind and generous of you as always. I am pleaed you liked these latest efforts.
  15. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks very much Colin F. the bust is definately striking a chord.