1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A Confederate with Character

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys,

After nearing the end of the flat, I decided to have another go at a favourite figure of mine. It is the Art Girona ACW Sgt by Latorre. I always loved the simple pose and the $hit eating grin he had on his face. I removed the chevrons as the castings of them were horrible and would have been needed some serious reworking. I also reshaped the hat to fit the mans character some more, you can always tell a guys character from his hat! May not be 100% period...but oh well, looks cool!

Im not 100% happy with it (Im never anyways...) but anymore the way I look at it is I dont have a lot of time to paint and I never finish anything, even less so in 54mm figures (Think I have like 2 or so that Ive painted...) and I am trying to get better at them. Basically I used this as a learning experience knowingly that I would not be satisfied with it. Ofcourse I did the best I can but I think I should be able to better with the next one and so on.

The pictures are decent, not as much contrast as it is in person. The base is only basecoated, the pics were taken when the base was still wet, it will receive some grass and some other fun things. Also need to touch up the hair and do some outlining around the wrists etc. And as always, its painted in acrylics.

Hope you like it, feel free to tell me honestly what you think, I know it isnt perfect so any help to make it better would rock!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    LOOKS COOL, Anders (y) (y) !!! I think I prefer your version to the original anytime ;) . Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Anders I really like your version of this confederate. Plain and beautiful.

Xenofon
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    You have done a great job Anders.I realy like your painting very much.I also have contrast problems when I'm taking photos.Maybe is the light...anyway.Beautiful figure!
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work Bro . he certainly has a character !!!!!!
  6. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Hi Anders!
    Realy great work! The hat looks realistc, I like it very much :) Truly interesting conversion.

Best regards
    Artur
  7. tango New Member

Hi Anders
    Great job love the pose and i think the hat is fine hell i used to know some one with a smile like that ...lol
    Cheers Chris
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Nice painting Anders. The texture on the boots caught my eye. Looks really cool

Stephen Mallia
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks a lot guys.

It is a real fun figure to paint up, like been said, its a pretty simple figure that is straightforward to do. Hopefully I will do another one of these one of these days as I really ejoyed this one.

Hopefully I will be able to show the finished figure with groundwork tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again guys!
  10. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    This one is on my list too. :lol:

I like the contrast between the striped shirt and butternut jacket. (y)

Keith
  11. Milorg Member

Norway
    Hallo Anders

Great, Nothing more to add than the previous posts.

Lovely attitude :)

Cheers

Per Olav
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Anders,

Everything is said. Great work, and i like the touch up's that you have done. Great.

marc
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys,

I was shooting for colors that are earthy but still go along together, hopefully I pulled it off to some degree.

Im finishing up the piece tonight and will post final pics either later tonight or tomorrow.
  14. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hello Anders
    I find this figure much pleasant one
    the much beautiful shirt and also the effect leather
    beautiful painting compliments and good to amuse.

;) MAB