1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A Clockwork Orange.

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Mortimer, Jan 19, 2011.

1. JasonB A Fixture

United-States
    I doubt any permission from him, explicit or implied, would make a difference. The images of the character from the movie I believe are property of the movie company. If Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford were signing unlicensed copies of Luke Skywalker or Han Solo figures, it wouldn't make them legal. George Lucas would still own the rights to those characters and their images. Now if someone were to just do a figure of Harrison Ford, and he signed it, then there wouldn't be an issue. Being that Stanley Kubrick is dead, and he was both the director and wrote the screenplay, I don't know how much chance there is that anyone would press the matter. Andrea seems to have copyright infringement down to an art form, and no one seems too concerned, at least enough to do anything about it.

Or better yet, how about contacting the people/company that own the rights, and see how they feel about it?