1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Controversial! +13 A brilliant response to 'Anti Gun Control'.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tubby-Nuts2, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Ron, I am sure you would like me as well, I am a great guy. (y) My ignorance comment was in reference to your falsehood about guns and cannons over the counter and illustrates you do not know what you are talking about (or being deceptive and I do not think that is the case at all). As to your last bit, I was unaware that there is no daily drudgery or down and outs in the UK. About poverty, anyone in "poverty" in the USA has mostly done that to themselves through poor personal or Political choices. Mostly. Also our impoverished have cell phones and flat screen tv's.....so that term is overused as well. Traffic jams?....it is America and we all own cars because we are awesome like that, I live in rural Iowa so traffic jams are not part of my daily life. Now , back to strict gun control for protection....how well did that work in Paris not so long ago? My Sheriff is happy to issue CCW permits and feels that Citizens may have to protect themselves because they cannot be everywhere to save people who do not protect themselves. His words, not mine.

Cheers

Steve
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland

Actually I've changed my mind about the removal of the image. Leave it up, that way people can make up their own mind about Langenberg and his attitudes.
    Helm likes this.
  3. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

LOL.
  4. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Now let us all lighten up a little bit, we are friends here. Coco says "Cheer the f*ck up everyone!

[IMG]
    napoleonpeart and DEL like this.
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Not a great look for a Jack Russell.........definitely more a War Bonnet type.
    housecarl and sd0324 like this.
  6. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Del, so true....she is a little war machine. The hat was part of her costume that my wife inflicted on her for this year's "Barktoberfest" (An excuse for all of us in town to gather in the park with our dogs and drink beer ;)) She won the costume contest garnering me a 50 dollar gift cert to a good Italian restaurant. We may go to Hollywood, undecided on that.

Cheers

Steve
    DEL likes this.
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I live approx 5 or 6 miles from Glasgow city centre on the edge of rural countryside where the Romans built the Antonine wall to mark the end of civilisation :D these pictures are on the uncivilised side
    IMG_2040.JPG IMG_1069.JPG IMG_1863.JPG
    All this is less than five minutes drive from my house , as you can see it is open countryside with not a lot of cops about , we do get the occasional raid from PIKEYS "gypsies" stealing farm equipment but we can generally keep them at bay without artillery :rolleyes: although if guns were readily available here a lot of these thieves would end up getting shot on site .
    I do understand the vastness of your country and there is probably a need for some protection .

A lot of people in the late sixties and early seventies emigrated from the UK to South Africa and were appalled at how the the native people were treated and how the average white south African owned a magnum .
    We only see things that the press want you to see , it is only when you talk to someone who has actually lived in these places that you realise the need for certain items , but off course the internet has changed all that and you do realise the need for a gun in South Africa and a bloody big one too .
    So maybe Arizona requires a large calibre peashooter also :)
    sd0324 likes this.
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve I meant to ask , do you actually own an Ak47 :)
    housecarl likes this.
  9. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is an argument that I have often heard. I would be interested to know if there has ever been a situation where a private citizen carrying a firearm has stopped an atrocity such as happened in Paris, the Boston marathon etc.

As regards the USA, I have no cause to knock what I perceive in many ways to be a wonderful country, though like many other countries, one not without its problems. I think most non-Americans find the US obsession with personal weapons bemusing. Interestingly, Canada doesn't appear to have the same issues w.r.t. personal firearms.

Mike
    Mirofsoft likes this.
  10. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

No, there has not, as most if not all of these massacres occur in "gun free zones" where the innocent man has no chance and the bad man knows this. That is why they go there.
  11. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I have many "bad" things Ron.

[IMG]

[IMG]

OOOOOH, scary!!!! LOL.

Come over and I will show you some fun.

Cheers

Steve
    Martin64 likes this.
  12. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    You'd think by now most people would know sugary drinks are really bad for your health :)
    And in photo 2...there's a path you don't want to be walking along.
    Helm and sd0324 like this.
  13. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Having read through the thread I am amused to see it`s popularity compared to other hobby-related threads. I have dealt with gun-control vice versa on a professional level and can tell that there is no perfect solution and no perfect world. In general you have a higher chance to get involved in an incident with firearms in the US (accidentally shot, shot at, getting killed while somebody is running amok,..) while you run a much bigger risk to get involved in other violent crimes (assault, being stabbed, robbed etc) in countries with strict gun control. The risk itself is of course not that big that you have to travel the US with a bullet proof vest or that you have to visit Europe with your personal bodyguard.
    IMHO it`s not done if you remove the guns and the same goes for distributing them freely. - Terrorist acts happen btw everywhere and cannot serve as an argument about gun control. They are linked to our way of life and partially to our government(s) take(s) at the rest of the world.
    "Achmed" who bought Stevie`s AK 47 might have been a Mujahedeen in the eighties (fighting for Freedom) and now be a Taliban (terrorist of course) while Achmed himself won`t feel that he has changed at all but since awhile he perfectly knows how to handle weapons supplied to him from the Free World...
    Now that I´ve got that off my chest I will return to the workbench and wish to all of you out there a nice day!
    Let`s paint some models and/or go out and shoot some mocking birds - we will not solve this on PF anyway.
    All the best! Martin
    sd0324 likes this.
  14. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like I've woken up to a bit of a train wreck this morning, with several breaches of forum guidelines by more than one individual, plus PMs from members expressing concern about this one. So enough.

- Steve
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.