1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP A Brave New World

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kagemusha, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron,
    That base has progressed so much from the initial washes mate, the attention to detail in picking out key areas plus the colour composition and blending is just lovely. Even more so when you consider a large proportion will be covered with the hand etc. but underneath parts will be still visible through the fingers and hydraulic pistons.
    Really looking forward to seeing this one progress. Brilliant S.B.S. so much to pick up on.
    Intrigued about the new parts you have ordered:cool:
    cheers
    Richie
    kagemusha likes this.
  2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron,
    Lovely work here mate.
    Great that you've expanded on your technique so others like me can steal more from you!!!!
    Much appreciated for the detailed sbs and the pieces looks fantastic.

Gells
    DEL, kagemusha and Helm like this.
  3. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Morning Richie....yep...it's moved on a bit....there is so much detail to play with on the base....almost a project in it's own right.
    Composition and colour have been a constant headache....so easy to get carried away on areas that will be lost forever once the head and hand go on.
    So pleased you are finding the SBS helpful....as for the extra bits..............:whistle:
  4. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi mate....great to hear from you :)
    I am constantly refining the technique....and love working with the 'transparent' oils now....so much more you can do with them....steal away mate :sneaky:
    Glad the SBS is working for you....I am enjoying myself again after the two year break.
  5. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Between yesterday and today....I have managed to finalise the head and hand....and fix them to the main base. I have added a few extra details...decals...bare metal edges...cables...wiring...oil etc.
    These have all been weathered in now...and can dry over night.

IMG_2873.jpg IMG_2874.jpg IMG_2875.jpg IMG_2876.jpg IMG_2877.jpg IMG_2878.jpg IMG_2880.jpg IMG_2881.jpg IMG_2883.jpg IMG_2885.jpg IMG_2886.jpg IMG_2888.jpg IMG_2889.jpg IMG_2890.jpg IMG_2892 copy.jpg

Next up will be the fauna to enhance the theme of nature reclaiming it's own.

to be continued......
    Dolf, Scotty, Henk and 4 others like this.
  6. Helm A Fixture

England
    Stunning work mate
    Steve
    kagemusha likes this.
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looking very good, like the addition of the electrical wiring.
    kagemusha likes this.
  8. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Drop dead cool Ron
    kagemusha likes this.
  9. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Much appreciated Steve (y)

Take it you approve of the head then :whistle: :p
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    [IMG]
    kagemusha likes this.
  11. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Perfect Steve :ROFLMAO::hilarious:
    Helm likes this.
  12. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Cheers mate....I felt there was room for some extra detailing here and there....and cables/wiring seemed obvious ;)
  13. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

:D:cool:
  14. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely job, good move with the wiring additions.

Steve
    kagemusha likes this.
  15. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Steve....thanks for comment :)

Wiring seemed like a natural detail to add...when I first saw the original...I thought straight away that if I did the kit I would have to add it :sneaky:
    1969 likes this.
  16. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Definitely enhances the base work (y)
    kagemusha likes this.
  17. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Wake up Ron...The setting looks very good....Did you turn that base yourself?....maybe something next to it for an idea of scale or would that be asking too much.?....:whistle: …….:D

Wayne
    kagemusha likes this.
  18. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hello mate....base was purchased a while back for another project...commercial not homemade.
    I will snap a quick pic 2moro just for you :p
    Although...if you look at the very first pics on this thread...the standing figure is 90 mm scale.
  19. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    No need....went back and looked ;..Looks to be a balanced fit between base and figure...(y)….base setting looks outstanding.....

Wayne
    kagemusha likes this.
  20. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Like to think I got the balance right mate....pleased you like the setting :)